I7 2600K/hyper 212+

OK. I have a i7 2600k with a cooler master hyper 212+. I have it overclocked to 4.5ghz. My idle temps stay anywhere from around 38-41c. But when playing a game say BF3 or Crysis 3 my loads go up to 59-60c. Now to me that is high. So i ask you guys what can i do to lower my temps? I have the fan running full speed when the upper temp gets to 47c. I only have 1 fan on the heatsink. It is mounted on there nice and snug. Help me please!

CPU: i7 2600K-Overclocked 4.5ghz
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe
Video Card: EVGA SuperClocked GTX 580 (Fermi)
Power Supply: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GAD3-US
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600
Case: COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Full ATX
Thermal Compound I used: Noctua NT-H1
7 answers Last reply
More about 2600k hyper
  1. Those temperatures are acceptable and great for a small air cooler like that. You could install another fan too.

Lowering room ambient temperatures are also a very big factor.
  2. well i did a stress test and was getting loads of 70-74c. Is there maybe a better cooler out there? Or perhaps better thermal paste?
  3. do u have the mentioned above extra fan in push pull?
  4. No i do not. How would i do the push pull? Is that just 1 pushing the air while the other one pulls it? If so do i want the one that pushes the air to be at the rear of the case or the front?
  5. ^ Correct. One pushes air in, one pulls it out. Basically more air flows over your fins. Push them out the back if the rest of your fans are pointing that way.
  6. So have the puller in the rear and the push towards the front?
  7. John2090073 said:
    So have the puller in the rear and the push towards the front?

Yes. You want air to push from the front of the cash out the back. So a straight flow of air.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooler Master Intel i7