prafulgadhvi

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
halo.

i have standard vga adapter graphics card .but i cannot use AERO . so i installed amd raedon but after after installing it doesnt show in device manager display adapter.

prafulgadhvi

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
no. problem is after installing the driver in computer . it doesnt show in device manager . standard vga adapter is not changing after updating. did u understand my question. after installing amd raedon in computer . it doesnot show in device manager as display adapter

rdc85

Honorable
Did u change the monitor cables so it connected to your GPU (graphic card) not the mobo.... (make sure it connected to the gpu)

Restart, and then reinstall the drivers, and run Windows experience index (WEI) reassessment..

aero will work if it above 3.4 in WEI

edit: ps: the gpu will not installed/running if the monitor is still connected with the mobo

rdc85

Honorable
Mobo is shortened word for motherboard, sometimes driver not detected because the monitor is conected to the mobo/IGP (onboard vga/intregrated gpu) not to the graphic card itself (GPU/HD5450).

Make sure it connected to the the GPU not the mobo .. (also u make sure the GPU is working like the fan spins, etc..)
Try to reinstall the driver (newest is 12.8, but the more stable one is 12.6 and 12.7)
The last is to do WEI reassestment to enable aero....

See if the problems still accour or it fix it....

prafulgadhvi

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
halo..

giving my configuration. i have dell vostro 260s win 7 32 bit ultimate. i3 core processor. now i have in device manager display driver is standard vga adapter so i need to update the driver . i have tried amd raedon 5450 grahics driver. installed in my pc but it is not showing in device manager. give the exact driver that can work for me. like nvidia geforce i have 306.42., 261, 257, etc all say that are not compitable to hardware. suggest me which driver is compitable to my hardware . please suggest me nvidia geforce or any other nvidia graphics driver which is compitable. in device manager in monitor it generic php monitor. in display tab there is standard VGA adapter. which is not changing at all. also tried 2 three amd raedon , amd turks raedon.. i cant understand what problems is.. is aslo didnt get abt . motherboad. my cpu is running like fan spins also. give me details in normal language. i.e basic. thanks

rdc85

Honorable
here

21jn3br.jpg

- first goto amd web as mubin posted and download amd catalyst 12.8 (101.8 Mb)....

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx

- Second Make sure The monitor is connected to GPU as the picture, number 2 in the pic (not number 1)....

- Restart and when in post screen press F8 in keyboard, run windows in VGA mode..

- In windows go to control panel, add/remove program, remove nvdia display driver and ati display/catalyst driver.

- It will requied to restart so restart and when in post screen press F8 in keyboard, run windows in VGA mode.. (again)

- In windows install amd catalyst 12.8 (101.8 Mb) that had been downloaded at first step

- Restart, run normal... go to control panel, system, click on Windows Experience Index, at bottom right click re-run assessment.

End..

edit: do those step and report what happens, or what step that u stuck

rdc85

Honorable
I think there a language barrier here, well looks like i had done what i can do.

No offence but he need a proffesional/technician to assit the GPU installation, it will give better result than try to DIY....