M5A97 Brackets

Pshaw98

Oct 20, 2012
So here is the issue:
I bought my cyberpowerpc a year ago. It came with an asetek 510lc. That was not working out any more as I upgrade and want to overclock. So I buy a rocketfish universal cpu cooler, which is an off brand of a cooler master hyper tx3. I try to uninstall my asetek, and I get as far as unscrewing. It now hangs by two thick tubes connected to a fan in the corner of my computer and I have no idea what to do there. So I figure I would get back to it later and I try to install the rocketfish. I spend 3 hours trying to figure out what to do because I am confused as hell on it. After those 3 hours, I figure out my issue. I don't have any brackets on my motherboard and the fan didn't come with any. Also, the asetek did have brackets, but specific to the asetek cooler. So I am trying to figure out which brackets I need to get. I know that I need the full case bracket, and it preferably needs to bought off of amazon. Another this is that my motherboard box says AM3+, the motherboard itself says AM3b, and the bracket needed for rocketfish is AM3. The best buy guy told me that they are all compatible with each other, which I kind of find BS, but I took his word for it because I really wanted a cooler right then and there. So please help me figure out which bracket I need to buy and the issue of the hanging liquid cooler!

My specs:
Motherboard: Asus M5A97
Processor: Amd FX-4100 3.6Ghz