nokia 6610 no signal

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 12, 2004 4:13:03 PM

Hi all,
My nokia 6610 shows no signal and "no network coverage" tried sim in another
phone and all OK, tried changing battery but no improvement. If I put a
different sim in I get a good signal for about 10 secs then drops back to no
signal, I suspect the phone will have to be replaced unless I'm missing
something? any ideas appreciated.

TIA

More about : nokia 6610 signal

Anonymous
November 12, 2004 9:50:03 PM

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:13:03 -0000, "George"
<George.holmes@nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi all,
>My nokia 6610 shows no signal and "no network coverage" tried sim in another
>phone and all OK, tried changing battery but no improvement. If I put a
>different sim in I get a good signal for about 10 secs then drops back to no
>signal, I suspect the phone will have to be replaced unless I'm missing
>something? any ideas appreciated.
>
>TIA

sounds like it could be blacklisted. do you know its history?

Chris P Bacon
November 13, 2004 8:29:52 PM

bought it second user off ebay about 12 months ago, it came back to life
friday night for about 8 hours but has now died again. has been fine up
until last week. Is there a way I can check to see if the IMEI is
blacklisted?
"Chris P Bacon" <andy.haigh@XbreatheX.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:13:03 -0000, "George"
> <George.holmes@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >My nokia 6610 shows no signal and "no network coverage" tried sim in
another
> >phone and all OK, tried changing battery but no improvement. If I put a
> >different sim in I get a good signal for about 10 secs then drops back to
no
> >signal, I suspect the phone will have to be replaced unless I'm missing
> >something? any ideas appreciated.
> >
> >TIA
> >
> sounds like it could be blacklisted. do you know its history?
>

> Chris P Bacon
November 14, 2004 1:09:30 AM

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:29:52 -0000, "George"
<George.holmes@nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>bought it second user off ebay about 12 months ago, it came back to life
>friday night for about 8 hours but has now died again. has been fine up
>until last week. Is there a way I can check to see if the IMEI is
>blacklisted?

if you have owned it for 12 months it is unlikely it is blacklisted. I
don't know if or where you could check the IMEI to see its status but
I have heard that some Nokia dealers check first before servicing them
so perhaps a chat with your local Nokia Service Centre may be able to
help. You can find your nearest centre using Nokia's website

Chris P Bacon
November 14, 2004 2:53:21 PM

Thanks Chris
I got vodafone to check the IMEI and it's not blacklisted, so looks like
it's time to bin in and buy another.

!