nokia 6610 no signal

Hi all,
My nokia 6610 shows no signal and "no network coverage" tried sim in another
phone and all OK, tried changing battery but no improvement. If I put a
different sim in I get a good signal for about 10 secs then drops back to no
signal, I suspect the phone will have to be replaced unless I'm missing
something? any ideas appreciated.

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6610 signal

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:13:03 -0000, "George"
    <George.holmes@nospam.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >My nokia 6610 shows no signal and "no network coverage" tried sim in another
    >phone and all OK, tried changing battery but no improvement. If I put a
    >different sim in I get a good signal for about 10 secs then drops back to no
    >signal, I suspect the phone will have to be replaced unless I'm missing
    >something? any ideas appreciated.
    >
    >TIA

    sounds like it could be blacklisted. do you know its history?

    Chris P Bacon

    bought it second user off ebay about 12 months ago, it came back to life
    friday night for about 8 hours but has now died again. has been fine up
    until last week. Is there a way I can check to see if the IMEI is
    blacklisted?
    "Chris P Bacon" <andy.haigh@XbreatheX.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:13:03 -0000, "George"
    > <George.holmes@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all,
    > >My nokia 6610 shows no signal and "no network coverage" tried sim in
    another
    > >phone and all OK, tried changing battery but no improvement. If I put a
    > >different sim in I get a good signal for about 10 secs then drops back to
    no
    > >signal, I suspect the phone will have to be replaced unless I'm missing
    > >something? any ideas appreciated.
    > >
    > >TIA
    > >
    > sounds like it could be blacklisted. do you know its history?
    >

    > Chris P Bacon

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:29:52 -0000, "George"
    <George.holmes@nospam.co.uk> wrote:

    >bought it second user off ebay about 12 months ago, it came back to life
    >friday night for about 8 hours but has now died again. has been fine up
    >until last week. Is there a way I can check to see if the IMEI is
    >blacklisted?

    if you have owned it for 12 months it is unlikely it is blacklisted. I
    don't know if or where you could check the IMEI to see its status but
    I have heard that some Nokia dealers check first before servicing them
    so perhaps a chat with your local Nokia Service Centre may be able to
    help. You can find your nearest centre using Nokia's website

    Chris P Bacon

    Thanks Chris
    I got vodafone to check the IMEI and it's not blacklisted, so looks like
    it's time to bin in and buy another.
    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:29:52 -0000, "George"
    > <George.holmes@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >bought it second user off ebay about 12 months ago, it came back to life
    > >friday night for about 8 hours but has now died again. has been fine up
    > >until last week. Is there a way I can check to see if the IMEI is
    > >blacklisted?
    >
    > if you have owned it for 12 months it is unlikely it is blacklisted. I
    > don't know if or where you could check the IMEI to see its status but
    > I have heard that some Nokia dealers check first before servicing them
    > so perhaps a chat with your local Nokia Service Centre may be able to
    > help. You can find your nearest centre using Nokia's website
    >

    > Chris P Bacon

Nokia Battery Phones