I need to chage my static IP address

muti82

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Hello! I am in need of a new IP address and have only random guesses on how to get one. I'm not going to lie, it's because I have one too many bans from various places, and I would like to revisit them. I have Bell Canada Home highspeed internet with a Sagemcom router 2864. The problem is that i'm provided with a static IP address, the reason I know that because I switched the router overnight and it hasn't changed. somebody told me that if I
Clone the MAC address of a PC on the Sagemcom router and then reboot the cable modem that would work. but unfortunatly I don't know how to do this step and if anybody can help with other ways that would be really preciated.

thanks

lilcinw

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
First of all, if you feeling the banhammer so often that you have an indention on your forehead, you should think long and hard about your online conduct.

If you want a new static IP you need to contact your ISP for that.

You may be able to get around the IP restrictions by using a traffic redirector like The Onion Router, although I am not entirely sure how well that hides your actual IP address.