I'm building this for a friend, who likes gaming. His budget is $1800, but he prefers around the 1600-1700 range. I tried to find any compatibility issues, but have so far found none. Can you guys see if this build is good? Thanks!
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.93 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($427.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.99 @ Amazon)
Everything should fit. Though I have a few comments.
- Drop the H100; closed water loops like that aren't well worth the money since high-end air coolers such as the NH-D14, Phanteks, and Silver Arrow pretty much match its performance.
- You will see little to no difference between 1600MHz and 2133MHz of RAM, save yourself the cash. And get the Ares series for easier CPU cooler installation. The Ripjaws' tall heat spreaders will give you a hard time. There is no point at all for 16gb of RAM either. Your usage will barely even use up 8gb.
- Intel SSDs aren't that great either, kinda bad actually imo. Not to mention, it's heavily overpriced compared to other SSDs that outperform it.
- You can change the HDD for a Caviar Blue or a faster Samsung Spinpoint if you don't need the Black's 5-year warranty.
- Casing is a preferential thing, so I won't comment on that. It's a good case though, I believe.
The NH-D14, 212 EVO, and Silver Arrow are all known to be the quietest air coolers as well. The reason I don't suggest them is because the temp differences between the H100 and the high-end air coolers are about the same, it's not worth the extra cost.