Sign in with
Your question

System Configuration

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
October 26, 2012 5:15:51 PM

Hi everyone !

I would like some advise on the following setup :

Processor : INTEL CORE i7 3770K 3.50Ghz (8MB CACHE)

MotherBoard : Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

HDD : 1TB caviar Black + 1T caviar green .

RAM : CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3 16 GB setup 4 x 4

GFX Card : Gigabyte GTX 670 ddr5 2 GB .

PC Case : Cooler Master "Storm Enforce" .

LED :
Samsung syncmaster Samsung S24B300H 24" .

Cpu Cooler : CM HYPER 212 EVO

PowerSupply : Cooler Master silent PRO MII 850w

SSD : Intel SSD 320 series 120 GB

I am trying to keep the setup under $1600 while still being effective .Most of my usage will include intensive 3d application renderings , Gpu rendering and casual gaming . I am not planning to overclock the setup atm .

More about : system configuration

October 26, 2012 6:37:00 PM

Looks sweet.

Overclock it - that is what the 'K' series is designed for. It's really easy to achieve an overclock on your proposed rig. Basically for the basic overclock you just have to change literally 1 or 2 settings in the BIOS.
October 26, 2012 7:47:34 PM

Power supply is junk and way too powerful. With a single GTX 670 you need a quality 500w power supply. Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec. Do not get Coolermaster or Thermaltake. If you plan on adding a second GTX 670 go with a 750w power supply.

As said above the "K" model processors are made to overclock. If you might do it one day then get an aftermarket CPU cooler. If not there is no reason to get a "K" model processor.
October 27, 2012 3:21:24 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by MouseMonkey
!