Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Stuck on standby

Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2012 6:02:36 AM

I'm haveing computer trobles... i was tring to upgrade my gate way LX-6200 to a bigger graphics card,the GTX 570. when i went to put it in i noticed that i was short on power watage. so i upgraded from a 400 wat to a 550 wat. when i put the card in for some resome my power botton just slowly blinks, and nothing happens to the screen, i took a look inside and it all loked fine. dose anyone know whats wrong???

More about : stuck standby

Best solution

October 28, 2012 4:54:17 AM

Okay, so, did you make sure you uninstalled the driver for the onboard graphics first? That is either done through the BIOS itself, OR booting in Safe Mode and going to Windows Device Manager and disabling the onboard display driver there.

If you have done the uninstallation of the stock display driver and this problem persists, then that may be a power problem. 550 watts is cutting kind of close to minimum requirements.
October 29, 2012 3:10:21 PM

thank you mike332 but i fixed the problem ( my proccesor was lose ) XD

and as for the PSU i have a back up 630 watt, thanks for suggestion.
m
l
Related resources
October 29, 2012 3:10:38 PM

Best answer selected by bryanjesse.
m
l
October 30, 2012 2:00:05 AM

Anytime man haha. Yeah, if you can, install that 630-watt PSU. More power is always better. Just make sure that PSU is in good condition - you don't want to fry your system with an aged PSU, man do I regret that time....
m
l
!