Vampire the Requiem art preview

Having not checked here for a few days and seeing over 100 unread posts
on here I just kinda skimmed to see if there was anything I was really
interested in before marking them all read, I don't know if this has
been posted yet, so I apoligize if it has.

If you go to http://www.worldofdarkness.com the new WoD logo now links
to a page with a preview of art from the new Vampire the Requiem game.

Enjoy!
Stephen M Gillespie

Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:

> Having not checked here for a few days and seeing over 100 unread posts
> on here I just kinda skimmed to see if there was anything I was really
> interested in before marking them all read, I don't know if this has
> been posted yet, so I apoligize if it has.
>
> If you go to http://www.worldofdarkness.com the new WoD logo now links
> to a page with a preview of art from the new Vampire the Requiem game.
>
> Enjoy!
> Stephen M Gillespie

Correction, I didn't look very closely I just looked at the URL for the
page. The link I mentioned above is to a page which lists the team of
artists for the Vampire the Requiem game and some samples of their art,
not necessarily art from the actual game book. My apologies for getting
your hopes up too much if I did.

Stephen M. Gillespie (again)

Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:

> Correction, I didn't look very closely I just looked at the URL for the
> page. The link I mentioned above is to a page which lists the team of
> artists for the Vampire the Requiem game and some samples of their art,
> not necessarily art from the actual game book. My apologies for getting
> your hopes up too much if I did.

We actually have had a thread about this. The subject is "WoD 2 art
preview", and it was posted by I. Inayat.

I can't believe you don't read every message posted. It's not like
there's many of them anymore.
--
Stephenls
Geek

william

Stephenls wrote:

> Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:
>
>> Correction, I didn't look very closely I just looked at the URL for
>> the page. The link I mentioned above is to a page which lists the
>> team of artists for the Vampire the Requiem game and some samples of
>> their art, not necessarily art from the actual game book. My
>> apologies for getting your hopes up too much if I did.
>

> We actually have had a thread about this. The subject is "WoD 2 art
> preview", and it was posted by I. Inayat.
>
> I can't believe you don't read every message posted. It's not like
> there's many of them anymore.

There were over 25 messages today. That's better than most newsgroups by
an order of magnitude or more.

William

William wrote:

> There were over 25 messages today. That's better than most newsgroups by
> an order of magnitude or more.

I'm used to thinking of rec.games.frp.dnd as the standard. It gets 150+
per day, I believe.
--

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:

> > Correction, I didn't look very closely I just looked at the URL for the
> > page. The link I mentioned above is to a page which lists the team of
> > artists for the Vampire the Requiem game and some samples of their art,
> > not necessarily art from the actual game book. My apologies for getting
> > your hopes up too much if I did.
>
> We actually have had a thread about this. The subject is "WoD 2 art
> preview", and it was posted by I. Inayat.
>
> I can't believe you don't read every message posted. It's not like
> there's many of them anymore.

Yeah, but they are almost all about Exalted, and most aren't
tagged as such. It's kind of disappointing to get halfway
through an thread on Crafts without knowing what they Hell's
being talked about, other than it's definitely not about MtA
Crafts.

Shrug. I can believe someone else has becomediscouraged.

Vis Sierra

"Vis Sierra" <visitant@geocities.com> wrote in message
> Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> > Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:
>
> > > Correction, I didn't look very closely I just looked at the URL for
the
> > > page. The link I mentioned above is to a page which lists the team of
> > > artists for the Vampire the Requiem game and some samples of their
art,
> > > not necessarily art from the actual game book. My apologies for
getting
> > > your hopes up too much if I did.
> >
> > We actually have had a thread about this. The subject is "WoD 2 art
> > preview", and it was posted by I. Inayat.
> >
> > I can't believe you don't read every message posted. It's not like
> > there's many of them anymore.
>
> Yeah, but they are almost all about Exalted, and most aren't
> tagged as such. It's kind of disappointing to get halfway
> through an thread on Crafts without knowing what they Hell's
> being talked about, other than it's definitely not about MtA
> Crafts.
>
> Shrug. I can believe someone else has becomediscouraged.

If it's any consolation, the revised system for the reboot will very closely
resemble Exalted (with some additional streamlining in certain places, like
damage determination in combat), so the difference may quickly become
academic. ;)

- Sir Bob.

David Prokopetz wrote:

> If it's any consolation, the revised system for the reboot will very closely
> resemble Exalted (with some additional streamlining in certain places, like
> damage determination in combat), so the difference may quickly become
> academic. ;)

You know, I don't think it will.

Justin spent some time complaining on RPG.net about Storyteller's scale
-- something about being dissatisfied with the way the probabilities
work compared to the way the skill levels are described, IIRC. It's
possible we'll see a new scale -- maybe 1-7?

We know it's changing enough that they're renaming it. Instead of being
the Storyteller System, the new WoD uses the Storytelling System (yeah,
small change, small change...).

I quite strongly suspect that the differences between Storytelling and
all current versions of Storyteller will be as pronounced or more
pronounced than the differences between Storyteller 1 and Storyteller 2.
--

Vis Sierra wrote:

> Yeah, but they are almost all about Exalted, and most aren't
> tagged as such. It's kind of disappointing to get halfway
> through an thread on Crafts without knowing what they Hell's
> being talked about, other than it's definitely not about MtA
> Crafts.

Heh. And I used to complain that there wasn't enough Exalted discussion...
--

"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> David Prokopetz wrote:
>
> > If it's any consolation, the revised system for the reboot will very
closely
> > resemble Exalted (with some additional streamlining in certain places,
like
> > damage determination in combat), so the difference may quickly become
> > academic. ;)
>
> You know, I don't think it will.
>
> Justin spent some time complaining on RPG.net about Storyteller's scale
> -- something about being dissatisfied with the way the probabilities
> work compared to the way the skill levels are described, IIRC. It's
> possible we'll see a new scale -- maybe 1-7?
>
> We know it's changing enough that they're renaming it. Instead of being
> the Storyteller System, the new WoD uses the Storytelling System (yeah,
> small change, small change...).
>
> I quite strongly suspect that the differences between Storytelling and
> all current versions of Storyteller will be as pronounced or more
> pronounced than the differences between Storyteller 1 and Storyteller 2.

I was talking more about the basic fixed-TN, variable-target-successes
concept - once you get your head around that, messing with the sizes of dice
pools and whatnot is just tinkering.

- Sir Bob.

Stephenls wrote:
> Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:
>
>> Correction, I didn't look very closely I just looked at the URL for
>> the page. The link I mentioned above is to a page which lists the
>> team of artists for the Vampire the Requiem game and some samples of
>> their art, not necessarily art from the actual game book. My
>> apologies for getting your hopes up too much if I did.
>
> We actually have had a thread about this. The subject is "WoD 2 art
> preview", and it was posted by I. Inayat.
>
> I can't believe you don't read every message posted. It's not like
> there's many of them anymore.

More is the pity.
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"I wasn't aware the Tokyo police employed uneducated, paranoid,
delusional foreign delinquents."
"In my case, they made an exception."
-- MegaTokyo

Vis Sierra wrote:
> Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:
>

>>>Correction, I didn't look very closely I just looked at the URL for the
>>>page. The link I mentioned above is to a page which lists the team of
>>>artists for the Vampire the Requiem game and some samples of their art,
>>>not necessarily art from the actual game book. My apologies for getting
>>>your hopes up too much if I did.
>>
>>We actually have had a thread about this. The subject is "WoD 2 art
>>preview", and it was posted by I. Inayat.
>>
>>I can't believe you don't read every message posted. It's not like
>>there's many of them anymore.
>

> Yeah, but they are almost all about Exalted, and most aren't
> tagged as such. It's kind of disappointing to get halfway
> through an thread on Crafts without knowing what they Hell's
> being talked about, other than it's definitely not about MtA
> Crafts.
>
> Shrug. I can believe someone else has becomediscouraged.
>

> Vis Sierra
Or when a thread starts out one way and becomes an Exalted thread like
that Vampire the Redemption thread did. Its just I dont get a chance to
check the newgroup very often so when I do it IS at over 100 unread
messages.

SMG

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<c6fc41$b4m8j$1@ID-117331.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> William wrote:
>
> > There were over 25 messages today. That's better than most newsgroups by
> > an order of magnitude or more.
>
> I'm used to thinking of rec.games.frp.dnd as the standard. It gets 150+
> per day, I believe.

100 posts of whhich are flame wars between a half-dozen people. And
that's still pretty patheic compared to it's heyday- back then, it
would get 200 posts a a day just from Michael T Richter. ;')

Usenet's a perfect place for a gothy person, what with it's being all
deadlike and stuff.

-Eric Tolle

william

Eric Tolle wrote:

> Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<c6fc41$b4m8j$1@ID-117331.news.uni-berlin.de>...
>
>>William wrote:
>>

>>>There were over 25 messages today. That's better than most newsgroups by
>>>an order of magnitude or more.
>>
>>I'm used to thinking of rec.games.frp.dnd as the standard. It gets 150+
>>per day, I believe.
>

> 100 posts of whhich are flame wars between a half-dozen people. And
> that's still pretty patheic compared to it's heyday- back then, it
> would get 200 posts a a day just from Michael T Richter. ;')
>
> Usenet's a perfect place for a gothy person, what with it's being all
> deadlike and stuff.
>
> -Eric Tolle

At least on this newsgroup there is no one who makes me feel disgusted
to even be posting in the same threads.

William

Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:

> Vis Sierra wrote:
> > Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:

> >>We actually have had a thread about this. The subject is "WoD 2 art
> >>preview", and it was posted by I. Inayat.
> >>
> >>I can't believe you don't read every message posted. It's not like
> >>there's many of them anymore.
> >

> > Yeah, but they are almost all about Exalted, and most aren't
> > tagged as such. It's kind of disappointing to get halfway
> > through an thread on Crafts without knowing what they Hell's
> > being talked about, other than it's definitely not about MtA
> > Crafts.
> >
> > Shrug. I can believe someone else has becomediscouraged.
> >

> > Vis Sierra
> Or when a thread starts out one way and becomes an Exalted thread like
> that Vampire the Redemption thread did. Its just I dont get a chance to
> check the newgroup very often so when I do it IS at over 100 unread
> messages.
>
> SMG

No apologies. Exalted's the only line with new books continuing to be
published right now. What else is there to discuss?

"James Stein" <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:
>
> > Vis Sierra wrote:

> > > Yeah, but they are almost all about Exalted, and most aren't
> > > tagged as such. It's kind of disappointing to get halfway
> > > through an thread on Crafts without knowing what they Hell's
> > > being talked about, other than it's definitely not about MtA
> > > Crafts.
> > >
> > > Shrug. I can believe someone else has becomediscouraged.
> > >

> > > Vis Sierra
> > Or when a thread starts out one way and becomes an Exalted thread like
> > that Vampire the Redemption thread did. Its just I dont get a chance to
> > check the newgroup very often so when I do it IS at over 100 unread
> > messages.
> >
> > SMG
> >

> No apologies. Exalted's the only line with new books continuing to be
> published right now. What else is there to discuss?

Existential angst?

- Sir "or is that ANGST (tm)" Bob.

James Stein wrote:

> Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:
>

>>Vis Sierra wrote:

>>>Yeah, but they are almost all about Exalted, and most aren't
>>>tagged as such. It's kind of disappointing to get halfway
>>>through an thread on Crafts without knowing what they Hell's
>>>being talked about, other than it's definitely not about MtA
>>>Crafts.
>>>
>>>Shrug. I can believe someone else has becomediscouraged.
>>>

>>>Vis Sierra
>>
>>Or when a thread starts out one way and becomes an Exalted thread like
>>that Vampire the Redemption thread did. Its just I dont get a chance to
>>check the newgroup very often so when I do it IS at over 100 unread
>>messages.
>>
>>SMG
>>

> No apologies. Exalted's the only line with new books continuing to be
> published right now. What else is there to discuss?

Wraith?
--

David Prokopetz wrote:

> "James Stein" <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Stephen M. Gillespie wrote:

> the
> of
> art,
> getting

> > > Or when a thread starts out one way and becomes an Exalted thread like
> > > that Vampire the Redemption thread did. Its just I dont get a chance to
> > > check the newgroup very often so when I do it IS at over 100 unread
> > > messages.
> > >
> > > SMG
> > >

> > No apologies. Exalted's the only line with new books continuing to be
> > published right now. What else is there to discuss?
>
> Existential angst?

Whose definition of existentialism?

> David Prokopetz wrote:
>
> > "James Stein" <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote in message

> > the
> > of
> > art,
> > getting

> > > No apologies. Exalted's the only line with new books continuing to be
> > > published right now. What else is there to discuss?
> >
> > Existential angst?
>
> Whose definition of existentialism?

We'll let the resultant flamewar decide.

- Sir Bob.