SIM backup software for 6610 ??

Last response: in Brands
November 12, 2004 10:07:04 PM

Hi,

What is a good PC software for backing up SIM card data to the PC
(apart from Nokia PC suite)? Needs to work over IR since I have no
cables... (Would also be good if it is phone independent if I decide
to get a Sony-Ericsson next or something)

Thanks for any suggestion!

/p
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 10:14:22 PM

We can offer Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using our
program, you can backup your contacts and SMS messages from SIM card and
read SMS centre number and MCC and MNC codes as well. Though we don't
support SonyEricsson phones, our program enables to export contacts in MS
Outlook, Lotus Notes, Windows Address book, plain-text, CSV, XLS, RTF, HTML
or XML formats and messages in plain-text, CSV, XLS, RTF, HTML or XML, so
you could synchronize contacts with SonyEricsson using SE software or
transfer contacts or messages data archnives in MS Word formats to your
phone by e-mail.

If you plan to buy Symbian-based SonyEricsson phone ( Sony Ericsson P910,
for example), the solution is much more easier: we support SonyEricsson
P800, P900 and P910i phones in Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian) and this program can read phonebook, saved
in common Oxygen Phone Manager II. Both programs are equal parts of one
license and each registered customer can download the both programs from
registered customer's page.

You can download the latest trial version 2.5.0 of common Oxygen Phone
Manager II here:

http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

And the latest trial v. 2.3.0.3 of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS
phones is available here

http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Dutronc!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:07:04
+0100 from address sorry@no.mail:

>Hi,

>What is a good PC software for backing up SIM card data to the PC
>(apart from Nokia PC suite)? Needs to work over IR since I have no
>cables... (Would also be good if it is phone independent if I decide
>to get a Sony-Ericsson next or something)

>Thanks for any suggestion!

>/p
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 12:23:24 AM

didn't you read my post? needs to work over IR!

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:14:22 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
<support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

>We can offer Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using our
>program, you can backup your contacts and SMS messages from SIM card and
>read SMS centre number and MCC and MNC codes as well. Though we don't
>support SonyEricsson phones, our program enables to export contacts in MS
>Outlook, Lotus Notes, Windows Address book, plain-text, CSV, XLS, RTF, HTML
>or XML formats and messages in plain-text, CSV, XLS, RTF, HTML or XML, so
>you could synchronize contacts with SonyEricsson using SE software or
>transfer contacts or messages data archnives in MS Word formats to your
>phone by e-mail.
>
>If you plan to buy Symbian-based SonyEricsson phone ( Sony Ericsson P910,
>for example), the solution is much more easier: we support SonyEricsson
>P800, P900 and P910i phones in Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
>( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian) and this program can read phonebook, saved
>in common Oxygen Phone Manager II. Both programs are equal parts of one
>license and each registered customer can download the both programs from
>registered customer's page.
>
>You can download the latest trial version 2.5.0 of common Oxygen Phone
>Manager II here:
>
>http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip
>
>And the latest trial v. 2.3.0.3 of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS
>phones is available here
>
>http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip
>

>If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
>program, feel free to post them on our official forum
>http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
>
>Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
>Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
>support@oxygensoftware.com
>http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
>http://www.smsactivex.com/
>
>Hello, Dutronc!
>You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:07:04
>+0100 from address sorry@no.mail:
>
> >Hi,
>
> >What is a good PC software for backing up SIM card data to the PC
> >(apart from Nokia PC suite)? Needs to work over IR since I have no
> >cables... (Would also be good if it is phone independent if I decide
> >to get a Sony-Ericsson next or something)
>
> >Thanks for any suggestion!
>
> >/p

November 15, 2004 2:44:42 PM

Oxygen Phone Manager II supports IR synchronization. Our program works with
cable (not supported for Symbian smartphones), bluetooth and infrared.

You can test it in trial version.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Dutronc!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:23:24
+0100 from address sorry@no.mail:

>didn't you read my post? needs to work over IR!

>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:14:22 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
><support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

>>We can offer Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using
>>our
>>program, you can backup your contacts and SMS messages from SIM card
>>and
>>read SMS centre number and MCC and MNC codes as well. Though we don't
>>support SonyEricsson phones, our program enables to export contacts in
>>MS
>>Outlook, Lotus Notes, Windows Address book, plain-text, CSV, XLS, RTF,
>>HTML
>>or XML formats and messages in plain-text, CSV, XLS, RTF, HTML or XML,
>>so
>>you could synchronize contacts with SonyEricsson using SE software or
>>transfer contacts or messages data archnives in MS Word formats to your
>>phone by e-mail.

>>If you plan to buy Symbian-based SonyEricsson phone ( Sony Ericsson
>>P910,
>>for example), the solution is much more easier: we support SonyEricsson
>>P800, P900 and P910i phones in Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS
>>phones
>>( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian) and this program can read phonebook,
>>saved
>>in common Oxygen Phone Manager II. Both programs are equal parts of one
>>license and each registered customer can download the both programs
>>from
>>registered customer's page.

>>You can download the latest trial version 2.5.0 of common Oxygen Phone
>>Manager II here:

>>http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

>>And the latest trial v. 2.3.0.3 of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
>>OS
>>phones is available here

>>http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

>>If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
>>program, feel free to post them on our official forum
>>http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

>>Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
>>Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
>>support@oxygensoftware.com
>>http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
>>http://www.smsactivex.com/

>>Hello, Dutronc!
>>You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 12 Nov 2004
>>19:07:04
>>+0100 from address sorry@no.mail:

>> >Hi,

>> >What is a good PC software for backing up SIM card data to the PC
>> >(apart from Nokia PC suite)? Needs to work over IR since I have no
>> >cables... (Would also be good if it is phone independent if I decide
>> >to get a Sony-Ericsson next or something)

>> >Thanks for any suggestion!

>> >/p
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 6:09:02 PM

ok, my mistake. I only saw the thing about smartcard reader in the
system requirements so figured that was the only supported transfer
protocol.... will check it out...

/p

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:44:42 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
> [...]

>>>from
>>>registered customer's page.
>
>>>You can download the latest trial version 2.5.0 of common Oxygen Phone
>>>Manager II here:
>
>>>http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip
>
>>>And the latest trial v. 2.3.0.3 of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
>>>OS
>>>phones is available here
>
>>>http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip
>

>>>If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
>>>program, feel free to post them on our official forum
>>>http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
>
>>>Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
>>>Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
>>>support@oxygensoftware.com
>>>http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
>>>http://www.smsactivex.com/
>
>>>Hello, Dutronc!
>>>You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 12 Nov 2004

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 8:37:50 PM

Our program doesn't require any special card reader, but it supports MMC
card management (MMC should be in the phone). For example, in case of Nokia
6230 there is special MMC card section in the gallery.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Dutronc!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:09:02

!