Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Would these parts be alright?

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 27, 2012 8:09:42 AM

Max. cost: 800€
I have selected some parts I'd like, but I don't know how to choose a good PSU and if something will bottleneck. I plan on mainly playing CoD series and maybe Battlefield 3 and other newer games on high to medium graphics and since my monitor looks bad on higher than 1280x1080 resolution I can't go higher.
I have another monitor with HDMI also, I haven't tested what it looks like with higher resolutions.

CPU: Intel i5 2550k 3,4ghz (Not really planning to change this unless it's somewhat cheaper and better)

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX (Also comes with 2x4gb RAM 1600MHz CL8 if I remember correctly)

Video card: AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 (Also I wouldn't change this personally but if you know something better for cheaper for me, you can always leave a name so I can check the price etc.)

I'm not sure if this would be good enough as a power supply,
Nexus 530W RX-5300 ATX-power supply, PFC, 80Plus Bronze
This information about this was on the site I'm buying from:
+ 3,3V / 24 A
+ 5V / 24 A
+ 12V / 41A
+ 5V Vsb / 2.5 A
- 12V / 0.5 A

1 x 20+4 -pin
1 x 6+2 -pin
1 x 8-pin
1 x 4-pin

2 x 3 x SATA
2 x 3 x 4pin Molex & 1 x FDD
1 x 6-pin PCI-E

Also I don't know if this HDD will fit so replies are appreciated :) 
HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 500GB 3,5" SATA 7200rpm 16MB

Also might need a computer case for this for under 100€ if anyone bothers to find one because I can't find one that doesn't cost 130€

Total costs from the site I'm buying them from assuming these would fit: 739€

More about : parts alright

October 27, 2012 8:13:45 AM

It helps if you give links

The HDD is a SATA drive it will definitely work with that motherboard

Ideally use the 3750k processor if the price is similar

I havent heard of the nexus power supply , but a 500 watt 80+ bronze unit should work well for your build
October 27, 2012 8:22:54 AM

I don't believe I've heard of Nexus before, might wanna change that to more reputable brands or risk frying half your components.

The wattage is enough though.

Where are you buying all these from?

Here's what I would do with your budget and location.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£104.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£29.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£52.98 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card (£199.94 @ CCL Computers)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case (£50.13 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.98 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer (£13.98 @ Novatech)
Total: £668.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

If I missed something, feel free to tell me. I'll adjust them.
Related resources
October 27, 2012 8:33:06 AM

Outlander_04 said:
It helps if you give links

The HDD is a SATA drive it will definitely work with that motherboard

Ideally use the 3750k processor if the price is similar

I havent heard of the nexus power supply , but a 500 watt 80+ bronze unit should work well for your build

First off, thanks for both answers and I'm buying from a site called Jimms.fi
It's in Finnish but here's links to all of them
So what you said is that it doesn't matter what kind of HDD it is, as long as it's SATA which in this case is, and fits with the motherboard? I don't really need a "fast" HDD from my own experience but all replies are appreciated.

Motherboard: http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/P8Z77-V-LX-HYPERX8GB
CPU: http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/BX80623I52550K
Video card: http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/GV-R785OC-1GD
Power supply: http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/SST-ST70F-ES
HDD: http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/0F10381
October 27, 2012 8:36:31 AM

excella1221 said:
I don't believe I've heard of Nexus before, might wanna change that to more reputable brands or risk frying half your components.

The wattage is enough though.

Where are you buying all these from?

Here's what I would do with your budget and location.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£104.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£29.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£52.98 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card (£199.94 @ CCL Computers)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case (£50.13 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.98 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer (£13.98 @ Novatech)
Total: £668.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

If I missed something, feel free to tell me. I'll adjust them.

i5-3570k is about 20€ cheaper. I'll look for a more known brand on power supply

Is this the motherboard you mean? http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/Z77-EXTREME4
October 27, 2012 8:38:41 AM

No, I believe he's saying that it will fit. :p 
I believe HDD speeds should matter especially when you won't be using an SSD.

I would, for example, not buy a Caviar Green over a Blue or Black when the primary drive is an HDD.

I would not get that bundled Kingston RAM. I believe it runs @ 1.65v, which will void the Intel CPU's warranty; not to mention put a lot of strain in the CPU.

And yes, it's that motherboard.
October 27, 2012 8:49:08 AM

excella1221 said:
No, I believe he's saying that it will fit. :p 
I believe HDD speeds should matter especially when you won't be using an SSD.

I would, for example, not buy a Caviar Green over a Blue or Black when the primary drive is an HDD.

I would not get that bundled Kingston RAM. I believe it runs @ 1.65v, which will void the Intel CPU's warranty; not to mention put a lot of strain in the CPU.

And yes, it's that motherboard.

With this motherboard, I'm not 100% positive of this, but would this HDD be good?
http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/ST1000DM003

Also I found a different PSU, by Corsair.
http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/CP-9020048-EU

Do all the other parts fit with the motherboard? i5-2550k, HD 7850, Seagate 1TB Barracuda which I linked you to, Corsair 600W which I linked you to
and this RAM by Corsair http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/CMX8GX3M2A1600C9

Thanks for the reply! Really appreciated
October 27, 2012 9:01:50 AM

Yeah, the HDD and PSU are okay.

I wouldn't personally get the XMS3, been hearing negative stuff about them.
Check the Vengeance or G.skill.
October 27, 2012 9:15:56 AM

excella1221 said:
Yeah, the HDD and PSU are okay.

I wouldn't personally get the XMS3, been hearing negative stuff about them.
Check the Vengeance or G.skill.

Thanks for the quick reply, I took a look at the vengeance RAM and this is what I found
http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Latency: 9-9-9-24
Parity: Unbuffered
Voltage: 1.5V
Pins: 240

That's one of the cheapest Vengeance I found that is 8gb

So all the other parts fit with the motherboard?
Spoiler for links to currently selected parts
October 27, 2012 9:28:30 AM

Get the 3570K.
The z77 motherboard is wasted since the 2550K is a Sandy Bridge and an older generation, therefore not having the features the z77 can support.
October 27, 2012 9:37:20 AM

excella1221 said:
Get the 3570K.
The z77 motherboard is wasted since the 2550K is a Sandy Bridge and an older generation, therefore not having the features the z77 can support.

Alright thanks, I think I got what I'm looking for.
!