Sign in with
Your question

Modifications on my 1300 build

Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2012 12:22:34 PM

Hey guys, I was hoping you guys can take a look at my build and do a modification as you see fit.

Approximate Purchase Date: End of next month, around black friday/cyber monday

Budget Range: 1300 US after rebates and before shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, microcenter or anywhere basically.

Parts Preferences: No preferences

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I'm looking to see if the parts I've picked are reliable and compatible.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I only have a laptop and its not cut out to play games. I would love to finally be able to play all those newer games.

The link below are the parts I have so far.
PCPartPicker

My current questions:
1. Is the GPU I've selected any good? It is currently 349.99 on Newegg.
2. I didn't pick a PSU because I am not sure how much I would need. I do plan on OCing but I won't be crossfiring.

Any suggestions on parts I should exchange out on my list is highly appreciative and welcomed. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
October 27, 2012 12:37:26 PM

Looks awesome. Newegg will give you 8GB free RAM with that mobo, so drop the Ares.

One of these will be fine: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-power-supply-ea650gr...

You might want to get a different case; IIRC that one is very quiet but doesn't cool very well. Your choice though, and your current one is fine, it just might limit how far you can OC.
October 28, 2012 3:02:13 AM

Well, I was planning to go to mircocenter to get my mobo and cpu.

So a 650 watts would suffice for my build?
Related resources
October 28, 2012 5:26:44 AM

Looks good to me.
October 28, 2012 8:03:02 PM

Can you guys recommend any 140mm fans? I need one more in the front because the case only comes with one front and one back.

Also, can you guys suggest any other low profile RAM just in case I find it during my shopping of parts.
October 29, 2012 12:59:09 AM

No, any fan is fine as long as it does it job and not too loud.
!