Sign in with
Your question

Modifications on my 1300 build

Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2012 12:22:34 PM

Hey guys, I was hoping you guys can take a look at my build and do a modification as you see fit.

Approximate Purchase Date: End of next month, around black friday/cyber monday

Budget Range: 1300 US after rebates and before shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, microcenter or anywhere basically.

Parts Preferences: No preferences

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I'm looking to see if the parts I've picked are reliable and compatible.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I only have a laptop and its not cut out to play games. I would love to finally be able to play all those newer games.

The link below are the parts I have so far.
PCPartPicker

My current questions:
1. Is the GPU I've selected any good? It is currently 349.99 on Newegg.
2. I didn't pick a PSU because I am not sure how much I would need. I do plan on OCing but I won't be crossfiring.

Any suggestions on parts I should exchange out on my list is highly appreciative and welcomed. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
October 27, 2012 12:37:26 PM

Looks awesome. Newegg will give you 8GB free RAM with that mobo, so drop the Ares.

One of these will be fine: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-power-supply-ea650gr...

You might want to get a different case; IIRC that one is very quiet but doesn't cool very well. Your choice though, and your current one is fine, it just might limit how far you can OC.
m
l
October 28, 2012 3:02:13 AM

Well, I was planning to go to mircocenter to get my mobo and cpu.

So a 650 watts would suffice for my build?
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2012 5:26:44 AM

Looks good to me.
m
l
October 28, 2012 8:03:02 PM

Can you guys recommend any 140mm fans? I need one more in the front because the case only comes with one front and one back.

Also, can you guys suggest any other low profile RAM just in case I find it during my shopping of parts.
m
l
October 29, 2012 12:59:09 AM

No, any fan is fine as long as it does it job and not too loud.
m
l
!