Does anyone use the PC suite??

Last response: in Brands
November 13, 2004 4:30:33 AM

The Nokia PC Suite is a very good idea. Managing your phone stuff from
the PC is so much easier. Arranging your SMS that you want to keep
becomes a holiday if you do it from Windows Explorer.

I wish!!!!

Just trying to move all outgoing SMS to (Contact 1) to a dedicated
folder on the phone, and moving all the incoming SMS from the same
Contact 1 to the same folder triples the amount of SMS, i.e. I end up
with three (3) f***ing copies of every SMS in the dedicated folder.

I tried an earlier versiona year ago that came onthe CD when I bought
the phone (6610) but uninstalled it after it seemed useless for
anything else than transferring background images.

I hoped the version downloaded today (6.4) would have fared better in
comparison but boy was I wrong. Now I have to cancel 150 SMS by using
the phone only (don't think it is so easy as to delete them in the
Explorer window! Been there, tried that!).

Nokia people, if you are out there: Please excuse the tone of my post
(I am simply very pissed off at the moment but will certainly feel
better tomorrow) and then try to make up your mind as to whether you
want to make software to match your phones in quality and usability,
or whether you just want a cool looking PC GUI which has functions
that screw up everything for your customers. After making your
decision, either pull out of the software game or release something
useful!!

That's my 2 cents anyway...

/p

More about : suite

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 10:54:15 PM

At least you guys got connected to PC suite.
I downloaded v4.88 installed ok.
Then tried to connect to the fone, using connect (apply) settings.
The laptop displayed the listed fone 6610i, but clicking the apply button
does nowt.
I assume it activates the Next button, so you can perform other things.

What I want to do is sample a wav file, and load it onto the fone as a ring
tone.
Is this poss, or do I have to pay one of these get rich quick sites £5 for
the pleasure?
Any advice?
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 4:04:06 AM

Robert Peddieson wrote:

> At least you guys got connected to PC suite.
> I downloaded v4.88 installed ok.
> Then tried to connect to the fone, using connect (apply) settings.
> The laptop displayed the listed fone 6610i, but clicking the apply button
> does nowt.

Of course not, 4.88 is an ancient version and doesn't support the 6610i.
Update PC suite.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:19:31 -0500, "Mike Bradley"
<mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> wrote:

>It is for this precise reason that I gave up and wrote Mobius/PX

But your product does not support Symbian OS phones, which is a shame
really..
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 9:59:47 AM

"Eddie Teo" <eddieteo@nospamonline.com.sg> wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:19:31 -0500, "Mike Bradley"
> <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>It is for this precise reason that I gave up and wrote Mobius/PX
>
> But your product does not support Symbian OS phones, which is a shame
> really..

The 6610i is not a Symbian phone!

--
Take control of your Nokia phone with LogoManager
http://www.logomanager.co.uk

Dutronc <sorry@no.mail> wrote in message news:<hhnap053dsdi2sdtmc5r7i2rkjm6u4ejck@4ax.com>...

> I deleted 40 messages oin the phone and then reconnected it tothe PC
> to see how it worked... Guess what?? The bloody messages came back on
> to the phone again!!! And this is even though they are nowhere to be
> found on the PC when the phone is not connected. Apparently they
> double and triple and quadruple up as soon as the phone and the PC
> start the automatic synchronisation when viewing a folder in Explorer.
>
> I am so sick and tired of badly written software. Nokia, please do
> spare us more of this junk !

We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
http://www.opm-2.com/ ).Our software allows to manage SMS messages in
convenient and multifunctional interface. You can export SMS messages
list into various formats and save messages in internal format.

You can download the latest trial version 2.6.0.1 here:
http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com