Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Constant crashes

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 9, 2004 9:44:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

According to the recent downloads I'm free of viruses
that cause shutdowns. My Samsung CD-ROM plays audio
videos but if I try to load a program CD my computer
shuts off. I have to kill the power on the surge bar and
wait a few minutes before restarting. Everything shows
as functioning however I can't use the CD-rom for
programs. This often happens when I use Outlook and
Word. Thanks for your rescue!

More about : constant crashes

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 10, 2004 8:36:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:a92a01c43627$f1b0d960$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> According to the recent downloads I'm free of viruses
> that cause shutdowns. My Samsung CD-ROM plays audio
> videos but if I try to load a program CD my computer
> shuts off. I have to kill the power on the surge bar and
> wait a few minutes before restarting. Everything shows
> as functioning however I can't use the CD-rom for
> programs. This often happens when I use Outlook and
> Word. Thanks for your rescue!
______

Hi,

Does your computer crashes or freezes?
I mean do you have a blue screen or an automatic reboot or you computer is
freezed?

Aurelien Goillot
Microsoft France
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2004 8:18:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit
dans le message de
>news:a92a01c43627$f1b0d960$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> According to the recent downloads I'm free of viruses
>> that cause shutdowns. My Samsung CD-ROM plays audio
>> videos but if I try to load a program CD my computer
>> shuts off. I have to kill the power on the surge bar
and
>> wait a few minutes before restarting. Everything shows
>> as functioning however I can't use the CD-rom for
>> programs. This often happens when I use Outlook and
>> Word. Thanks for your rescue!
>______
>
>Hi,
>
>Does your computer crashes or freezes?
>I mean do you have a blue screen or an automatic reboot
or you computer is
>freezed?
>
>Aurelien Goillot
>Microsoft France
>
>It Crashes vs freezes - most often it's just boom,
powers off and I can't restart for 5 - 15 minutes! Less
often it just reboots.
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2004 7:03:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:b43301c43749$ad695c00$a101280a@phx.gbl...

>It Crashes vs freezes - most often it's just boom,
powers off and I can't restart for 5 - 15 minutes! Less
often it just reboots.
>

Do you see a blue screen or does it only shutdown?
Do you see specific error in system eventlogs (start\run\eventvwr) ?

It is possible that you are face an hardware problem. Just check the
eventlogs system and check if you have errors in it around the time the
system crash.

Aurelien Goillot
Microsoft France
!