(Mage - Vampire): Rote to Raise from Torpor

Hey folks,

Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a Vampire
from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.

Thanks,

Rex

Rex wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a Vampire
> from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rex

Matter-Prime combination, I would think. Prime to create the "magical
essence" of the vitae and matter to alter the blood in the vampire's
body (or create the blood, depending on how literally you take the
phrase "burning blood.") Maybe Entropy if your ST is the sort to
associate Entropy with decay/death effects.

Rex wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a Vampire
> from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.
>
> Thanks,

Umm, can't you just give the vampire some blood? I seem to recall that
rousing them out of torpor. And it's a hell of a lot less risky and
difficult than crafting a spell to do it.

RedFox Whiteruff <rwhiteruff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<K7mdnf-iQI8GWRDd4p2dnA@adelphia.com>...
> Rex wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a Vampire
> > from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Umm, can't you just give the vampire some blood? I seem to recall that
> rousing them out of torpor. And it's a hell of a lot less risky and
> difficult than crafting a spell to do it.

I thought so too, and then I looked it up. Giving a vampire some blood
will raise them from torpor, but only torpor brought on by blood loss.
It doesn't cover torpor caused by damage. That's how it reads in the
revised rules, at least.

Rex

> Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a
Vampire
> from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rex

Mhmm...

Try blood, and then use any magic that could enhance its power.

Vampire remain active, and heal herself through vitae. Powerful vitae
(i.e. vitae whose generation is a lot more powerful than the Vampire's
own) is usually necessary to wake a Vampire from Torpor. Normal
blood would not probably wake him, unless, perhaps, the Vampire
fell into torpor because lack of blood.

I do not know mage very well, but Life and Prime used over normal,
fresh blood, could do the trick to have a "powerful" blood that could
very well wake a Vampire in Torpor.

(Look at those players, wondering where they will find this fresh blood...
For perhaps, congealed blood won't work, there... Or it will? Mages
hunting for blood is strange enough to be refreshing for players and
ST alike!)
: D

A lot of this blood, poured in the Vampire's mouth, could do the trick.
Add a few victims for the Vampire to consume (and/or destroy in his
Frenzy -- remember, the Beast is supposed to wake "first") and you
will have an awakened, well disposed Vampire (which does not mean
the "awakeners" will be happy with that...).
; p

Another thing: If the Vampire is in Torpor, his "soul" (or "spirit", or
whatever
you could call it) is sleeping. Perhaps contacting "it" would do the trick,
or
help. It appears as a silly idea (I'm re-reading this sentence again!) but
the
idea is to use "Mind" (unless I'm wrong) to try contact directly this "soul"
wake it (of course, blood is still needed for the biological -- or
necrological ?--
side of the effect). The point that gave me this silly idea was that naive
players
could be quite surprised to be confronted to the mind of the Vampire... 's
Beast.
: /

Anyway, creating "vitae" (not blood, vitae) with Magic seems strange or
"cheap"
to me. Because of the "easiness" of the thing, and the fact it removes all
the horror
from the scene. I'm just wondering about the idea of having a Vampire
negociate
with Mages for magic-vitae which would enable them to stop hunting (and so,
hurting) mortals, and to imagine a World of Hapiness [TM] where vampires
would be more human and enter non-profit organisations and stop wars with
their Presence powers and.... etc. etc., which appear to me like having the
adventurers shun the dungeons to buy their magical weapons in a wall-mart
and rob the bank because there is more money there and less dragons anyway.

Also, there are precedent to this kind of things: After all, Goratix of
House
Tremere supposedly researched years and decades to find something similar
to Vitae that could turn the Tremere leaders into vampire. And he had access
to vitae (poor mages apprentice-turned-into-vampires).

Using a few rotes to do create powerful vitae from nothing seems strange,
again... Anyway, a Vampire is a (very) potential monster. Waking him with a
red
or blue pill seems out of character. But this is a viewpoint from a Vampire
ST, so...

-- Raoul Borges
To email me, remove the Xs from my email adress

Rex wrote:
> RedFox Whiteruff <rwhiteruff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<K7mdnf-iQI8GWRDd4p2dnA@adelphia.com>...
>
>>Rex wrote:
>>
>>>Hey folks,
>>>
>>>Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a Vampire
>>>from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>
>>Umm, can't you just give the vampire some blood? I seem to recall that
>>rousing them out of torpor. And it's a hell of a lot less risky and
>>difficult than crafting a spell to do it.
>

> I thought so too, and then I looked it up. Giving a vampire some blood
> will raise them from torpor, but only torpor brought on by blood loss.
> It doesn't cover torpor caused by damage. That's how it reads in the
> revised rules, at least.
>
> Rex
So in other words it would depend on the reason the vampire is IN
torpor. If in torpor because it starved, blood will do. If damage
perhaps it would need to be healed/given vampiric vitae, or blood with
an enhanced potency. If the vampire willingly put itself into torpor,
who knows what would bring it back? And if the vampire is in torpor b/c
it was staked, then removal of the stake and probably some blood would
do. In any case you would definitely want to have some live victims for
the vampire to feed off of because it would be frenzied upon awakening
regardless of the reason it originally went into torpor b/c it would
still have burned off all it's blood.

SMG

"Rex" <rex@chicagobynight.org.spam> wrote in message news:<BYadnTnF8Zb-aRHdRVn-uA@comcast.com>...
> Hey folks,
>
> Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a Vampire
> from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.

Matter and Prime most likely. Life doesn't really come into it since
they're dead. No raizing a torpored vampire usually means raising a
hungry vampire which will frenzy immediatly, so adding blood to the
equation first would be good. "Filling up" a vampire via magic would
use the life sphere since that's what vampires feed off of.

How long a vampire is in torpor depends on their mental state. How
high their Humanity is, how far gone to the beast and all that. If
your ST is kind thye might let you get by High levels of mind (and
spirit?) to be able to bring forth the humanity from the dark reaches
of their brain, temporarily raise their humanity score to the point
that they wake very quickly. Likewise, Time could be made to pass
qucker for them and thus they spend their alloted time in torpor and
then wake normally.

"Rex" <rex@chicagobynight.org.spam> wrote in message news:<BYadnTnF8Zb-aRHdRVn-uA@comcast.com>...
> Hey folks,
>
> Does any one have any suggestions for the stats of a rote to raise a Vampire
> from torpor? I have a feeling it will come up in our next game session.

Matter 2, Prime 2, and Forces 2 should do it.

"...and if I pour boiling hot water on the vampire's crotch like so..."