Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Not sure which monitor is best for my budget build

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 31, 2012 6:19:00 PM

Will this be a good monitor for my build? Dont have much knowledge about most tech things other than hdmi and led looks better than standard.

this is pretty much my budget type of monitor. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


My budget build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eR2X

More about : monitor budget build

a b C Monitor
August 31, 2012 6:28:05 PM

That's a pretty good monitor in your budget range.
August 31, 2012 6:29:17 PM

It's specs are ok, but oogle revievs of it for reliability. At that resolution you will have to dial back all current gaming to low settings, higher settings at 1366x768 or 1600x900 will look much better.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 31, 2012 6:34:34 PM

It's a decent monitor for the price.

Your build looks very unbalanced. May I correct it? Since you didn't include memory or hard drive, I didn't include them either.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 2.9GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: EVGA 120-SB-E672-KR Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 500W ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.75 @ Amazon)
Total: $539.68
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-31 14:34 EDT-0400)
a b C Monitor
August 31, 2012 6:35:24 PM

lordofdeath242 said:
It's specs are ok, but oogle revievs of it for reliability. At that resolution you will have to dial back all current gaming to low settings, higher settings at 1366x768 or 1600x900 will look much better.


No they won't. Higher resolution with lower settings looks MUCH better than lower resolution with high settings.
August 31, 2012 6:37:57 PM

I already built the system, im just playing on a old boxy monitor thats makes my games hard to play because people look tiny from far away. One thing i regret was not buying a crossfire mobo with two 16x slots i have 16x 4x. Another mistake was not paying extra for the 6870. But from what you're telling me is i need a better gpu in order to play high setting on a 23inch lcd and with the current gpu im better off playing on a 17in LCD? Or if i do end up with the 23in LCD i should lower the resolution? Just need more clarification but this is all a learning process (:
August 31, 2012 6:41:31 PM

Sunius said:
No they won't. Higher resolution with lower settings looks MUCH better than lower resolution with high settings.



Really? sounds too good to be true in my case lol
anyone else agree?
August 31, 2012 6:46:18 PM

Sunius said:
It's a decent monitor for the price.

Your build looks very unbalanced. May I correct it? Since you didn't include memory or hard drive, I didn't include them either.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 2.9GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: EVGA 120-SB-E672-KR Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 500W ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.75 @ Amazon)
Total: $539.68
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-31 14:34 EDT-0400)


Why do you say my system is unbalanced? By the way i took out the hdd from an xbox 360 casing and using that for my desktop. Bought 8gb of memory and the reason for the 750w psu is it was $80 after mir and came with a free dvd drive.
a b C Monitor
August 31, 2012 6:58:55 PM

alnmtz86 said:
Really? sounds too good to be true in my case lol
anyone else agree?


Well, look for yourself.

Here's a screenshot of Crysis 2 at ultra settings at 720p resolution:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1087/crysis220120831...

Here's a screenshot of the same place at mix of medium-high settings at 1080p resolution.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3300/crysis22012083121...

I did those screenshots 4 minutes ago. At them both, I had same frames per second. Personally I think that 1080p resolution one looks MUCH better.

As for unbalanced build, you bought very expensive power supply, PC case while getting a pretty bad processor and cheaper graphics card.
August 31, 2012 7:11:14 PM

Sunius said:
Well, look for yourself.

Here's a screenshot of Crysis 2 at ultra settings at 720p resolution:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1087/crysis220120831...

Here's a screenshot of the same place at mix of medium-high settings at 1080p resolution.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3300/crysis22012083121...

I did those screenshots 4 minutes ago. At them both, I had same frames per second. Personally I think that 1080p resolution one looks MUCH better.

As for unbalanced build, you bought very expensive power supply, PC case while getting a pretty bad processor and cheaper graphics card.



It took me a while to notice a difference im new to pc gaming but there was a small difference imo so you're right about lower settings on higher resolution. i should be safe to buy that LCD screen then and try out what you said.

$80 for a psu with a free $20 drive that i needed is a good deal. i would have paid as much for a 500w psu alone.
What about the pc case? i went of price and reviews and it got 5stars on newegg.

the processor was all i could afford for this budget build, it got high ratings and reviews and for $90. The alternative was a i3 but even that would cost me another $100 i dont want to spend. I do agree about the cheaper graphics card becase maybe down the road i would want to play a new game that requires a lot of work. But for now my only intentions were to play Dota 2 and this game called WarZ. i should be able to max those two games out, as i would rather play games like bf3 on my xbox with my friends.
!