Sign in with
Your question

EVGA Geforce Gtx 560

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 31, 2012 6:55:26 PM

so i just bought an evga geforce gtx 560 2 gb from a best buy store and when i installe it on my pc
(specs: coolermaster haf 932
msi motherboard p55-cd53
6gb of ram kingston hyperx
inter i7 870 2.93ghz
coolermaster silent pro 850w)
it starts working but there is no output and cant find the problem.
can anyone please help me??? thank in advance

More about : evga geforce gtx 560

August 31, 2012 6:58:06 PM

Petros75 said:
so i just bought an evga geforce gtx 560 2 gb from a best buy store and when i installe it on my pc
(specs: coolermaster haf 932
msi motherboard p55-cd53
6gb of ram kingston hyperx
inter i7 870 2.93ghz
coolermaster silent pro 850w)
it starts working but there is no output and cant find the problem.
can anyone please help me??? thank in advance

What GPU were you using before? If it was an AMD, you might need to uninstall the old drivers first. If it was an onboard video, you might have to turn it off in BIOS.

And make sure your monitor is reading the right input? Like make sure it's set to the DVI channel if thats what you're using.
August 31, 2012 7:00:46 PM

miken2137 said:
What GPU were you using before? If it was an AMD, you might need to uninstall the old drivers first. If it was an onboard video, you might have to turn it off in BIOS.

And make sure your monitor is reading the right input? Like make sure it's set to the DVI channel if thats what you're using.

My old gpu was a powercolor hd 5770 1gb but i uninstalled the drivers before i installed the gtx560 and i also checked the monitors there is no problem with them
Related resources
August 31, 2012 7:10:49 PM

Silly question, but you have the PCI-e power connectors hooked up to it, right? I think the GTX 560 takes 2x 6-pin connectors on the back to power it. Only reason I asked is because when I installed my 690, I forgot to hook them up and it obviously didn't work, but the fan still turned on and everything.
August 31, 2012 7:13:09 PM

miken2137 said:
Silly question, but you have the PCI-e power connectors hooked up to it, right? I think the GTX 560 takes 2x 6-pin connectors on the back to power it. Only reason I asked is because when I installed my 690, I forgot to hook them up and it obviously didn't work, but the fan still turned on and everything.

yeah of course i hooked two separate 8-pin(6+2) connectors on it but still doenst work the motherboard makes some funny noises forgot to mention
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 7:19:34 PM

if the motherboard makes noises, its possibly telling you the motherboards error code. the mobo manual usually dictates and tells you which kind of beep/alerting function is what problem with the computer so that the user can fix it knowing what the problem is.
August 31, 2012 7:31:08 PM

2771376,6,1176505 said:
if the motherboard makes noises, its possibly telling you the motherboards error code. the mobo manual usually dictates and tells you which kind of beep/alerting function is what problem with the computer so that the user can fix it knowing what the problem is.[/quotems

where can i find the mobo manual to learn which beep means what?
August 31, 2012 7:39:16 PM

dudewitbow said:
if the motherboard makes noises, its possibly telling you the motherboards error code. the mobo manual usually dictates and tells you which kind of beep/alerting function is what problem with the computer so that the user can fix it knowing what the problem is.

where can i find the mobo manual to learn which beep means what?
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 7:45:28 PM

motherboard manuals are given to you with the motherboard box. if you have not recieved one, the manual is almost always on teh motherboard spec sheet on the manufactures site(in this case MSI)
August 31, 2012 7:56:46 PM

dudewitbow said:
motherboard manuals are given to you with the motherboard box. if you have not recieved one, the manual is almost always on teh motherboard spec sheet on the manufactures site(in this case MSI)

thank you so much i'kk go check it out hope to find the problem
August 31, 2012 8:26:26 PM

dudewitbow said:

so i checked it out but i couldnt find anything on the beeping sounds could you help me please?
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 8:53:24 PM

checked the manual, its kinda dated and its pretty uninformative =X. have you tried going through a cmos reset just to reset bios options. occasionally it works.
August 31, 2012 8:56:23 PM

dudewitbow said:
checked the manual, its kinda dated and its pretty uninformative =X. have you tried going through a cmos reset just to reset bios options. occasionally it works.

can you explain me please how would that work on fixing my problem?XD
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 9:08:18 PM

Petros75 said:
can you explain me please how would that work on fixing my problem?XD

i closed the manual, but cmos resets basically are gennerally defined in two ways. its either theres an onboard motherboard button you press, or a cell battery you remove on teh motherboard and reinsert. doing so resets all bios settings back to factory condition.(doesnt erase anything)

on the manual it says

You can clear CMOS by shorting 2-3 pin while the system is off. Then return to 1-2
pin position. Avoid clearing the CMOS while the system is on; it will damage the mainboard.

so basically there should be some cmos jumper you have to remove, then put back in while its off
August 31, 2012 9:35:53 PM

dudewitbow said:
i closed the manual, but cmos resets basically are gennerally defined in two ways. its either theres an onboard motherboard button you press, or a cell battery you remove on teh motherboard and reinsert. doing so resets all bios settings back to factory condition.(doesnt erase anything)

on the manual it says

You can clear CMOS by shorting 2-3 pin while the system is off. Then return to 1-2
pin position. Avoid clearing the CMOS while the system is on; it will damage the mainboard.

so basically there should be some cmos jumper you have to remove, then put back in while its off

and when i do this the gpu will be working just fine?
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 10:10:31 PM

Who knows, reseting cmos works for some people. but it isnt a 100% thing. TBH, I would test the gpu on someone elses computer to see if it isnt defective.
August 31, 2012 10:22:53 PM

dudewitbow said:
Who knows, reseting cmos works for some people. but it isnt a 100% thing. TBH, I would test the gpu on someone elses computer to see if it isnt defective.

ok thanks a lot i will try it and let you know if it works
August 31, 2012 10:41:11 PM

the cmos did not work
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 10:45:24 PM

the only thing i can physically suggest is attempting to run it on a different computer to see if it isnt the gpus problem.
August 31, 2012 11:01:49 PM

dudewitbow said:
the only thing i can physically suggest is attempting to run it on a different computer to see if it isnt the gpus problem.

i think you're right ill try that
!