How well would a 6870 and i5 3570k handle BF3 online play?

What settings could I expect to play on in multiplayer? Do you think I could manage ultra? And if so, what fps would I get?
12 answers Last reply
More about 6870 3570k handle online play
  1. If this is anything to go by, the 7850 can do high on multiplayer with 64 plyers easily, but on ultra does lag unless on singleplayer or small Muliplayer games.
  2. spat55 said:
    If this is anything to go by, the 7850 can do high on multiplayer with 64 plyers easily, but on ultra does lag unless on singleplayer or small Muliplayer games.


    Hm, so a 6870 probably wouldn't be near enough to play on ultra....ok. thanks!
  3. The 6870 will be able to handle ultra in multiplayer too I think. Just make sure your connection is fast enough.
  4. I reckon if you can overclock you would be alright, personally high is fine for me!
  5. It depends on your resolution really. If it's something like 1600x900 or below, it will handle it on ultra. However, if you're on 1920x1080, you will be able to play on High settings.
  6. you should be able to play on ultra, you may not get 60fps but 40+ is good enough
  7. I have a 6870 and can max bf3 on ultra perfectly fine. But I dont play a 1080p so my response is probably moot as most of you prefer 1080p now a days.
  8. Sunius said:
    It depends on your resolution really. If it's something like 1600x900 or below, it will handle it on ultra. However, if you're on 1920x1080, you will be able to play on High settings.


    Not being a hardcore gamer, I don't particularly mind playing below 60 fps. I do intend to play 1920 x 1080, however. With the 6870 do you think I could get at least 40 fps on ultra with that resolution?
  9. No way. Something between 20-30. On high settings you'll be averaging 40-50. My GTX 560 Ti which is stronger than HD 6870 on ultra gets between 25-35 fps.
  10. TheScarecrow97 said:
    Not being a hardcore gamer, I don't particularly mind playing below 60 fps. I do intend to play 1920 x 1080, however. With the 6870 do you think I could get at least 40 fps on ultra with that resolution?

    Yes
  11. Sunius said:
    No way. Something between 20-30. On high settings you'll be averaging 40-50. My GTX 560 Ti which is stronger than HD 6870 on ultra gets between 25-35 fps.

    Hmmm cause I get 40+ fps on my 6850 which your card smokes. I run on ultra @ 1080p just dialed down the AA a bit and turned off motion blur which I do not like anyway. I guess its not totally on Ultra with the AA not maxed but pretty close.
  12. Exactly what BigMack70 said. With AA off, I average 50 fps. But AA is so beautiful! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Multiplayer Intel i5 Graphics