Sign in with
Your question

Thoughts on Radeon 7850,what drivers should i use

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 8:36:32 PM

just bought the 7850,and i was wondering which drivers should i use?

and share ur thoughts about the card =P
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 8:45:43 PM

Use the latest drivers from AMD's website. It's a nice card and the best value at its price point.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 8:45:45 PM

Just get the latest non-beta drivers. I believe they are 12.8 right now. Be sure to get them from the ati radeon site.

The 7850 is one of the best valued cards for single 1920x1080 screen. At stock settings, it can max out almost every game. It's a great overclocker, which will enable it to completely max out at 1920x1080. Great for people who want great performance and save some money.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 8:48:36 PM

Thank you for making me feel happy about my purchase =P

and my screen is 1920x1200,but it dosen't really matter right?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 8:52:40 PM

Nope.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 9:20:28 PM

It won't max out most games, High will be it in quite a few, especially upcoming titles.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 9:23:34 PM

whatttt u sure about that?

i bought it thinking it will max games for like 2years.

can you speciffy a specific title?

and can some1 else confirm what he is saying?

kittycat dude,is he telling the turth?
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 9:36:57 PM

It'll max most games, but not all. Only highly intensive games.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2012 1:37:54 AM

Crysis 3 definitely won't be maxed, neither will anything Metro 2033. More mainstream titles like Sleeping Dogs may need AA/AF reduced or turned off.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2012 2:13:25 AM

If driver 12.8 had some problems, u can tried 12.7..

the 12.8 had problems with crossfire and Firefox for me... and 12.7 is stable (for me)
m
l
September 1, 2012 2:15:37 AM

Don't know about hardcore FPS's, but I know Skyrim with 30 graphical mods at 1920x1200 with literally everything maxed [including FXAA] doesn't even get the fan audible on this card.

It's a solid purchase, and will max out most all but the most intense games for the next year or 2 at least. Considering Crytek came out saying Crysis 3 would be the next Crysis and 'melt your computer,' I wouldn't use that as a benchmark of game performance in general.

And I'm using Catalyst 12.8 and it runs flawlessly.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2012 2:31:11 AM

burkhartmj said:
Don't know about hardcore FPS's, but I know Skyrim with 30 graphical mods at 1920x1200 with literally everything maxed [including FXAA] doesn't even get the fan audible on this card.

It's a solid purchase, and will max out most all but the most intense games for the next year or 2 at least. Considering Crytek came out saying Crysis 3 would be the next Crysis and 'melt your computer,' I wouldn't use that as a benchmark of game performance in general.

And I'm using Catalyst 12.8 and it runs flawlessly.

Skyrim is based on a 2006 engine (Gamebryo) and its a half assed console port to boot. Any half decent card will absolutely max it. Not a good example.
m
l
September 1, 2012 2:36:55 AM

Skyrim is based on the Creation engine [its first game actually] and the Havok physics engine. I'll grant it's not as intense as a few other games because they did make some concessions for consoles, but most of those got rectified with the high res texture packs and the Workshop. Nothing about is half-assed, I assure you.

Once again, I assert it's not Crysis 3 level, but few games are or will be for awhile. Crysis remained a top graphical game for 3 years after its release.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2012 2:57:44 AM

burkhartmj said:
Skyrim is based on the Creation engine [its first game actually] and the Havok physics engine. I'll grant it's not as intense as a few other games because they did make some concessions for consoles, but most of those got rectified with the high res texture packs and the Workshop. Nothing about is half-assed, I assure you.

Once again, I assert it's not Crysis 3 level, but few games are or will be for awhile. Crysis remained a top graphical game for 3 years after its release.

The Creation engine is a slap of new paint on the Gamebryo engine. Bethesda recycled it from Oblivion, fiddled with it, and voila Skyrim. Google it.
m
l
!