ATI 5650

Hi there. I've been looking for a up to date driver for this card in my laptop (Studio 1749).
Dell only have a 2010 driver A01 8.683.2

I have tried 12-8_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql but it's either BSOD or catalyst control center won't start and dxdiag still says I have 8.982.0.0

I'm kinda at a loss on how to find a current driver for playing games.

The Auto Detect from AMD says I have the latest driver but I'm not convinced.

Can someone help?
15 answers Last reply
More about 5650
  1. do you absolutely need the newest driver for gaming? have you tried it with the one that you have installed already?
  2. Well no one will die I guess but I'm trying to improve performance in some games notably The Secret World that tells me to update when I start the game and STEAM offers and fails to update it for me (see above problem).
    So yes I would like to update it to see if I can squeeze a bit more outa it
  3. theres no point. Your drivers are probably the latest that dell will support.
  4. yea unfortunately sometimes drivers just dont work with all systems. there is prolly a reason why only dell drivers work and if dell decides not to update them for you, you are SOL
  5. Minecraft wont run on stock drivers from Dell it seems o.O
  6. so it wont run on any drivers now? what are you symptoms? does the pc crash while loading windows?
  7. There's a big old error log that i'll not post unless you want to but I kinda fixed it by installing 12-8_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql but now CCC doesn't start.
    Dxdiag still says I have 8.982.0.0 but i'm not convinced.
    I have tried http://tinyurl.com/8xxvar6 but CCC still not starting and TBH I'm not 100% sure what ones to delete. There loads under 90ba9c70f846762e and there's no way of knowing for sure what's what. I did the obvious one but...
    AFAIK everything is working well apart from CCC which is annoying.

Any ideas?
  8. I am not sure what you mean....did you follow all the steps on that thread? did it work for you?
  9. Yes I tried it but as I'm not sure what I should be uninstalling. There's a couple of hundred 90ba9c70f846762e and I uninstalled ATICCCom atixclib CCC and CCC.Implementation but I've no idea if there's anything else needs uninstalling.

Installed stock from Dell and CCC worked but not Minecraft I redid it with 12.8 mobility and the drivers seem ok with Minecraft but now CCC is not working. I need something in between :/
  10. yea it does seem like a crappy place to be in...worst case scenario do you really need the functionality of ccc?
  11. Not at the moment but in the future? No idea.
  12. yea the only thing I can think of that you might need would be the overclocking utility but you can just get a separate program for that.
  13. I think I can get most of what CCC does and more from this:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733#download
    ATI Tray Tools
    I'll let you know how it goes
  14. waveydl said:
    Hi there. I've been looking for a up to date driver for this card in my laptop (Studio 1749).
    Dell only have a 2010 driver A01 8.683.2

I have tried 12-8_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql but it's either BSOD or catalyst control center won't start and dxdiag still says I have 8.982.0.0

I'm kinda at a loss on how to find a current driver for playing games.

The Auto Detect from AMD says I have the latest driver but I'm not convinced.

Can someone help?

It's a Dell..............they don't like anything
  15. waveydl said:
    I think I can get most of what CCC does and more from this:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733#download
    ATI Tray Tools
    I'll let you know how it goes

ok cool goodluck let me know how it goes
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics