base system device

a b \ Driver
May 11, 2004 12:12:09 PM

I inserted sandisk 128mb to laptop hp nc6000 - windows
xp. it detected new hardware, but can't find out drive on
window explorer.

When i plugged of the SD card, the taskbar still shown
new hardware found and request a driver. In device
manager, it shown "base system device" that still looking
for the driver.

Any suggestion to fix this? what kind of hardware
is "base system device" and where i can find out the
driver?

many thanks friends, :)

More about : base system device

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2004 3:43:49 PM

I'm sorry but your question doesn't make any sense...... are you using a
card reader that is built into the HP NC6000? Or a separate card reader,
manufactured by some other company connected to a USB port on the notebook?

If the card reader is part of the HP notebook, then the driver for that
hardware should already be installed... UNLESS you have changed or upgraded
the operating system, in which case drivers should be available at the HP
website.

If you are using an external card reader, connected to the USB port then
Windows should have installed the drivers automatically on detection on the
new hardware.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Tono" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I inserted sandisk 128mb to laptop hp nc6000 - windows
> xp. it detected new hardware, but can't find out drive on
> window explorer.
>
> When i plugged of the SD card, the taskbar still shown
> new hardware found and request a driver. In device
> manager, it shown "base system device" that still looking
> for the driver.
>
> Any suggestion to fix this? what kind of hardware
> is "base system device" and where i can find out the
> driver?
>
> many thanks friends, :)
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2004 9:36:27 PM

Cari, thanks for your help..

the sandisk SD card was inserted to the slot that built
into HP NC6000.

is "base system device" means this slot?

tono

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2004 9:47:15 PM

It means that for some unknown reason, your system has 'lost' the drivers
for the built in card reader.

Try:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/loca...

Probably the O2Micro drivers.