Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Gigabyte
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 31, 2012 9:59:37 PM

Hi,
Just brought a sapphire hd7970and installed it into my gigabyte guerrilla mobo. System will not post... Removed card and replaced with my hd5870 and computer works fine. Got another sapphire hd7970 and having same issues. Tried clearing CMOS, removing all external devices, removing hdd, changing ram, updating bios. Nothing seems to make a difference. I have a 875 watt psu which was running 2x hd5870 without issues. System has been very reliable and stable up until the addition of this card. Could there be an issue with pcie 2.0 slot and pcie 3.0 card? Or it more likely a compatibility issue between the mobo and the video card.

More about : hd7970 post gigabyte guerrilla

August 31, 2012 10:40:08 PM

Benjet said:
Hi,
Just brought a sapphire hd7970and installed it into my gigabyte guerrilla mobo. System will not post... Removed card and replaced with my hd5870 and computer works fine. Got another sapphire hd7970 and having same issues. Tried clearing CMOS, removing all external devices, removing hdd, changing ram, updating bios. Nothing seems to make a difference. I have a 875 watt psu which was running 2x hd5870 without issues. System has been very reliable and stable up until the addition of this card. Could there be an issue with pcie 2.0 slot and pcie 3.0 card? Or it more likely a compatibility issue between the mobo and the video card.

Also tried booting with Hd5870 and hd 7970 installed together (5870 in pcie slot 1). Will now boot but hangs on windows startup. Fan speed on the 7970 speeds up just before crash.
m
l
September 1, 2012 5:34:24 AM

Returned card and swapped for HIS HD7970. Worked first go. Must be a compatibility issue with this card and mobo cause I managed to fire up the Sapphire HD7970 on a Asus mobo before returning. Damm shame, that card looked like a winner, although it would not crossfire on my board due to its 2+ slot size. Anyhow have 2x HIS HD7970 crossfired now and everything's peachy. Hope no one else runs into this problem as it'll do one's head in.
m
l
!