Second VGA Monitor using S-Video port?

erics1007

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Hello,
Hello,
I have an Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT video card which supports my VGA monitor through the DVI port via a converter. I want to add a second monitor to my PC (I have an identical VGA monitor available) but the 8500GT video card has only an HDMI output and an S-Video output available. I've already tried to convert HDMI to VGA and the display quality if lousy, so I'm wondering if the S-Video port can be used to drive my second VGA monitor. I don't want to buy another converter if the output quality is poor. CAn anyone help me with that?

erics1007

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for your input - Sorry for the delay in responding - been out of town.
These are two Dell LCD monitors that came with Dell XP computers. I'm trying to run them with a newer VIsta PC. I'm using an HDMI to VGA converter (no brand name, it's a white box with "HDMI 1080" written on it, has VGA and audio output, HDMI input) and the monitor looks 'hazy', low contrast and resolution). NVidia tech support said HDMI to VGA converters would have low quality output. They suggested DVI-VGA (which I'm already using). See below:

S-Video would probably also have poor output quality even if it does work. There should be good HDMI to VGA converters that don't have lousy video quality.

This is the question I have - will S-Video also look poor? I'm using an HDMI to VGA converter and it's not good. I"m not watching movies on it, just regular computer stuff.

Thanks for your input.