Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows disk performers score

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
February 18, 2012 7:06:23 PM

if your talking bout windows experience index scores,start , right click computer and select properties
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 18, 2012 7:39:07 PM

though its not very accurate so dont worry if you get a low score

my ssd only gets 7.4 but in atto benchmark it scores 550mbs and 515mbs read and write
Score
Related resources
February 19, 2012 6:28:57 AM

My current HDD is Seagate Momentum 320 GB 7200.4. My Win 7 Expirience HDD performance is 5.9, my graphic Expirience is 4.4. I want to know if my Internet browse speed will improve if I replace my HDD with Samsung 830 or Crucial m4 SSD, beacause my Internet provider speed is slow DSL only 10 Mb p/s download, a 1 Mb upload? Is the browse Internet speed depend more on the Internet provider, or it also depends on the HDD or SSD drive speed?
Score

Best solution

February 19, 2012 6:52:06 AM

Almost entirely dependent on your service provider. You have to pay for a faster service to increase your browsing speeds in almost all cases.

I say 'almost' all cases because there is the possibility of a bogged down machine adding to the unresponsiveness of your internet, thus increasing the effect.

That being said, i wouldn't call 10mb slow, as it still classifies as high speed internet, and general web browsing should be reasonably snappy. I say this since i had a 6mb connection for years and just switched to a 25mb connection, and f,r general browsing of things like google, or facebook, etc, the speed difference was negligible. I really only noticed the difference when it came to Downloading files or games, and when multiple people in my house are using the internet, particularly streaming videos. Does everything seem to be loading slow, or just certain media rich websites? You really shouldn't be experiencing issues browsing at all tbh with a 10mb dl speed.

What browser are you using? If your answer is Internet Explorer, stop using it and download and install Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome instead. Both should be noticeably better, especially if you have not updated IE before.

Some more info regarding what you are trying to accomplish will help, and why decided to do so.

February 19, 2012 12:04:38 PM

I use both IE9 and Mozilla Firefox. I use the Internet mostly for trading with streaming software from TDAmeritrade and Tinkorswim, but reliability of data is also important, because I am without problems 2 years with my Asus Laptop and Seagate HHD. I have read some reviews that after 2, 3 weeks or months with SSD they crashed.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 19, 2012 12:25:13 PM

How many times are you gonna post this? Pay for faster internet, HDD wont speed you up.
Score
February 19, 2012 12:46:27 PM

Ok. thanks.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 19, 2012 4:12:47 PM

Do you have to upload big files? Your upload speed can be improved by using a Virual Private Network
Score
February 19, 2012 4:37:52 PM

dodger46 said:
Do you have to upload big files? Your upload speed can be improved by using a Virual Private Network

No I use the Internet mostly for trading with streaming software from TDAmeritrade and Tinkorswim to view live quotes and charts. How to create Virtual Private Network?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 19, 2012 5:03:38 PM

I tried Ultra Surf, can't remember where from but I'm sure Google would find it. Once up and running it launches Internet Explorer in a VPN mode. Try a speed checker before and after and see the difference, same upload as download speed...
Score
February 29, 2012 4:26:25 PM

Best answer selected by evgenigs.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 7:08:09 PM

[:thegreatgrapeape:7]
Score
!