Monitor not turning on after build.

Tags:
  • Build
  • Monitors
  • LED Monitor
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2012 10:52:19 PM

Just built my new pc. Now the monitor is not turning on. The led fans are not turning on, so does that mean my computer is even working? I hope I don't have any defected parts, such as my cpu or anything.

Need some help, any replies are greatly appreciated. thanks!

More about : monitor turning build

a b C Monitor
October 27, 2012 11:29:22 PM

Need a bit more info to go on here - if you post your case, motherboard and PSU that would be of use. Also did you check and make sure all connections are secure? Did you follow the motherboard instruction manual on how to properly set the case headers?
m
l
October 28, 2012 1:24:39 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Need a bit more info to go on here - if you post your case, motherboard and PSU that would be of use. Also did you check and make sure all connections are secure? Did you follow the motherboard instruction manual on how to properly set the case headers?

a10-5800k cpu
fm2 a75 asrock mobo
case is rose will challenger
psu is antec green 380 watt 80 bronze

I'm pretty sure all the plugs are in, considering when i turn on the pc, the only thing that comes on is the fans, but the cpu fan works, along with the optical drive.

What do you mean by case headers?
m
l
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 4:46:21 AM

By case headers he means the plugs that go to the power switch, reset switch, Drive LED, and Power LED that are on the front of your case. If you have something plugged in wrong, lets say the reset switch into something that will close the circuit, it could cause your PC to continuously try and reset. Just double check these, we have all messed them up at one point or another.

I would also suggest reading through your motherboard book. If there is one manual you probably will get the most information out of, it is this one. I've built many of systems and almost always ready this, or at least glance through it. Each manufacture is a little difference and it can help you diagnose problems and what certain default configurations are.
m
l
!