MSI GTX 660 ti Power Edition DOA?

cor33

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Hey guys, well I was really pumped to get this new card so I installed it and was ready to go but my motherboard gave me a beep code of 1 long 2 short which from what I gather this means a video problem so I tried reseating it a few times and no good. The fans are spinning but I just get the beep code and nothing on the screen.
I popped my 470 gtx back in and it boot up with no problem.

My motherboard is a MSI p67A-C43(B3) and I tried updating the bios to the latest. Also my power supply is a 850w Seasonic so no problem there.

I'm not sure if there is anything else I can try, but I thought I'd ask....I've never had this happen with a video card before. It would really suck if it was dead since that means I just brought more work onto myself heh and I will probably have to pay extra to ship it.

Thanks.

drums101

Distinguished
yikes man that does not sound fun....brand new card and it doesnt even power up I feel your pain man. It seems like it is def a faulty card..you should look it over and see if there is anything out of place on the PCB. Look for char marks or anything like that. And if you do RMA it you are prolly gonna have to pay for return shipping :(

cor33

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Ya it sucks, was kind of looking forward to it and then this happened. It actually looks in perfect condition and the fans spin when I boot...but my motherboard is not liking it just does the 1 long 2 short beep every time.

Ya I was worried about the return shipping cost...there goes the rebate ha. You would think they would pay for it since I haven't done anything (except have bad luck). Is it usually better to RMA it with where you bought it or with the company that makes the card?

cor33

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Ya thanks guys, I'll see if my friend doesn't mind trying it in his comp. It sucks though I was really looking forward to it and now I put some extra work on myself and will have to pay extra to ship it back. I guess I had to have some bad luck with this sometime, I've owned 6 different cards and I've never had anything like this happen.

Your welcome bud and it sucks i agree the worst part imo is having to pay the return shipping cost for a faulty or doa product a company sells you it should be against the law imo to be allowed to do that but no sense in crying over spilled milk it is what it is sadly hope in the end it all works out and you finally get to enjoy your card take care!

I've had to RMA a half dozen items and only paid shipping once. Get their customer service rep on the phone and don't take no for an answer, get really mad. Tell them you've never had to pay shipping when you shop with Newegg or Tigerdirect, this should get their attention because they want to keep your business. Basically be a complete a-hole and they will send you a prepaid label by email. Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS