Graphics Card

Hello all,

Thinking about getting this graphics card (SAPPHIRE 100355L Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card ) what would be the recommended wattage PSU for this? I currently have a 430W will this work? Also would this card run "Newer" games good?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
11 answers Last reply
More about graphics card
  1. Without knowing more about your psu its difficult to say. But Sapphire recommends the following http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1160&pid=1472&psn&lid=1#
    Hope that helps, good luck.
  2. 430W is pushing it really. Its got to be really really good. I would upgrade.
  3. Which 430 Watt PSU do you have (Brand and Model)? Also, the rest of your system specs, please. What is your budget? In general a 500W PSU would be about right but if yours is a good quality one that actually outputs its full power and current it might be enough.
  4. If it's a decent 430 watt unit, it will work without any problems. And it wouldn't be pushing it by far :). HD 7850 consumes the same amount of power as GTX 550 Ti, and decent 350 watt unit is enough to drive that.
  5. Here are my specs:

GiGABYTE 880GM-D2H Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II Processor (Black Edition)
    Thermaltake TR2 430W PSU
    GT 520 2048MB Graphics Card
    1920x1080 Monitor Resolution 23inch i believe
    4GB Ram (3.25 usable)

Thanks again for the replys. Based on my system specs should I just upgrade both PSU and Graphics Card?
  6. Yea I wouldn't run that on a TR2, they are awful.
  7. Ok, well crap...That is the number that I have too. Guess this is all part of the learning process. I'm pretty new to pc/gaming and hardware. Thanks for the info. What do you think about this card and PSU?

SAPPHIRE 100355L Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power ...
  8. That is a very nice CPU that will support HD 7850 in crossfire as well if you decide to go for it in the future! :).
  9. Sunius said:
    That is a very nice CPU PSU that will support HD 7850 in crossfire as well if you decide to go for it in the future! :).

Like he said, that is a very good PSU and a good choice of card for your computer.
  10. ok great, thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire PCI Express Graphics