solaris11

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hi,

So I just did a new build:

MSI Z77A0G45
i5 2500k
EVGA GeForce 550 ti

whenever the GPU is plugged in i get no video at all, wherther its VGA or DVi in the card or board. I unplug the card and the VGA works but DVI will not.

Am I doing something wrong or do i have a dud GPU?

Thanks!

drums101

Distinguished
when you plug the gpu in make sure the monitor is connected to the gpu...you do not connect it to the motherboard....go into the BIOS and set your primary graphics adapter to PCIE or PEG (PCI Expres Graphics) they are the same thing

drums101

Distinguished
ok the process that you need to do is...remove video card from system...plug monitor into onboard video connector....then boot into BIOS and change the primary graphics adapter setting to PCIE or PEG what ever its labeled....then save settings and shutdown...install the graphics card...plug monitor into video card...boot up system....let me know if that works

drums101

Distinguished
ok so go into the BIOS and go to the Advanced page/tab then there should be another tab that says Integrated Graphics Configuration....then in there there is a setting that you can change that is labeled Initiate Graphic Adapter...change that to PEG

solaris11

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
so I set the BIOS to pick up only the on board video, that allowed me to plug the card in and install the drivers....gonna try plugging my monitor into it now see what happans...i think it might be the monitor...

drums101

Distinguished
so with the video card unplugged and the BIOS set to integrated graphics you cannot get video out of the onboard dvi connector? just the vga connector? what if you try the hdmi connector..if this is true there may be something wrong with your motherboard

solaris11

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
so i tried hdmi into my tv since the monitor doesnt support, and it worked fine on-board and gpu. i dont know how i did it but i got dvi working on the gpu (dont know about the mob). ran it all day and all of a sudden bam it just cut out on me. all the drivers are there. no idea whats going on, is it mob or gpu? seems weird that the mob doesnt seem to be picking up and dvi whatsoever whether from the gpu or board. help!