Video card for BF2 question. Thanks for your input!

If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
buy? AGP only interface...

Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...

Thanks

Moondog
5 answers Last reply
More about video card question input

    Moondog Wrote:
    > If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
    > buy? AGP only interface...
    >
    > Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Moondog

    Get the official list of GFX cards that BF2 supports. Then go to
    'www.newegg.com' (http://www.newegg.com) and find one that's under 250
    bucks. They have the best prices 99% of the time.

    --
    Skclown

    '' (http://www.tdgamers.com/)

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:02:03 -0400, Skclown
    <Skclown.1qo02m@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote:

    >Moondog Wrote:
    >> If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
    >> buy? AGP only interface...
    >>
    >> Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Moondog
    >

    >Get the official list of GFX cards that BF2 supports. Then go to
    >'www.newegg.com' (http://www.newegg.com) and find one that's under 250
    >bucks. They have the best prices 99% of the time.

    Be aware that the official list of cards that DICE/EA support is not the
    same as the cards that support the game. The 6600GT/AGP works just fine
    but it's not on the list.

    That's not to say that the retail release will work with it, nor that
    all later patches will either, but I suspect that I'll be good to go
    with my 6600GT/AGP until I convince myself that it's time to upgrade to
    a 64-bit system.

    Moondog wrote:

    > If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
    > buy? AGP only interface...
    >
    > Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Moondog

    IF you can stand it, you may want to wait a few weeks for the geforce
    78xx series - this will have the effect of pushing down the prices of
    the 6800 series.

    Bob
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    I have a OC 6600 gt , sempron 2800 and 1.3 GB ram and it runs great at 1024
    x 768.
    "bug" <bug@example.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:02:03 -0400, Skclown
    > <Skclown.1qo02m@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote:
    >

    >>Moondog Wrote:
    >>> If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
    >>> buy? AGP only interface...
    >>>
    >>> Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Moondog
    >>

    >>Get the official list of GFX cards that BF2 supports. Then go to
    >>'www.newegg.com' (http://www.newegg.com) and find one that's under 250
    >>bucks. They have the best prices 99% of the time.
    >
    > Be aware that the official list of cards that DICE/EA support is not the
    > same as the cards that support the game. The 6600GT/AGP works just fine
    > but it's not on the list.
    >
    > That's not to say that the retail release will work with it, nor that
    > all later patches will either, but I suspect that I'll be good to go
    > with my 6600GT/AGP until I convince myself that it's time to upgrade to
    > a 64-bit system.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    That's what I think I will be doing... Getting a 6800GT When price
    comes way down. Game plays fine in low as default and I currently have
    a FX5700 ULTRA!
    Which I purchased for $130.00 6 months ago. I thought THIS Was a
    powerful card but I guess BF2 Needs more Power. I will not spend
    $400.00 just to play BF2 With best graphics.... maybe $150.00 once i
    sell my fx5700 ultra.

Graphics Cards Games Video Games Product