Video card for BF2 question. Thanks for your input!

Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2005 12:27:45 AM

If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
buy? AGP only interface...

Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...

Thanks

Moondog
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2005 11:02:03 AM

Moondog Wrote:
> If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
> buy? AGP only interface...
>
> Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
>

> Thanks
>
> Moondog

Get the official list of GFX cards that BF2 supports. Then go to
'www.newegg.com' (http://www.newegg.com) and find one that's under 250
bucks. They have the best prices 99% of the time.

--
Skclown

'' (http://www.tdgamers.com/)
June 16, 2005 4:07:24 AM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:02:03 -0400, Skclown
<Skclown.1qo02m@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote:

>Moondog Wrote:
>> If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
>> buy? AGP only interface...
>>
>> Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Moondog
>

>Get the official list of GFX cards that BF2 supports. Then go to
>'www.newegg.com' (http://www.newegg.com) and find one that's under 250
>bucks. They have the best prices 99% of the time.

Be aware that the official list of cards that DICE/EA support is not the
same as the cards that support the game. The 6600GT/AGP works just fine
but it's not on the list.

That's not to say that the retail release will work with it, nor that
all later patches will either, but I suspect that I'll be good to go
with my 6600GT/AGP until I convince myself that it's time to upgrade to
a 64-bit system.
a b U Graphics card
June 16, 2005 9:44:41 AM

Moondog wrote:

> If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
> buy? AGP only interface...
>
> Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
>

> Thanks
>
> Moondog

IF you can stand it, you may want to wait a few weeks for the geforce
78xx series - this will have the effect of pushing down the prices of
the 6800 series.

Bob
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 16, 2005 12:58:09 PM

I have a OC 6600 gt , sempron 2800 and 1.3 GB ram and it runs great at 1024
x 768.
"bug" <bug@example.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:02:03 -0400, Skclown
> <Skclown.1qo02m@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote:
>

>>Moondog Wrote:
>>> If you had a max of $250 US to spend on a new card what would you
>>> buy? AGP only interface...
>>>
>>> Yes I am a video card noony and need all the help I can get...
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Moondog
>>

>>Get the official list of GFX cards that BF2 supports. Then go to
>>'www.newegg.com' (http://www.newegg.com) and find one that's under 250
>>bucks. They have the best prices 99% of the time.
>
> Be aware that the official list of cards that DICE/EA support is not the
> same as the cards that support the game. The 6600GT/AGP works just fine
> but it's not on the list.
>
> That's not to say that the retail release will work with it, nor that
> all later patches will either, but I suspect that I'll be good to go
> with my 6600GT/AGP until I convince myself that it's time to upgrade to
> a 64-bit system.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2005 12:35:45 AM

That's what I think I will be doing... Getting a 6800GT When price
comes way down. Game plays fine in low as default and I currently have
a FX5700 ULTRA!
Which I purchased for $130.00 6 months ago. I thought THIS Was a
powerful card but I guess BF2 Needs more Power. I will not spend
$400.00 just to play BF2 With best graphics.... maybe $150.00 once i
sell my fx5700 ultra.
!