Sign in with
Your question
Solved

450$ gameing build

Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2012 3:19:32 AM

so im hoping you can help me pick out parts for my friends new cpu, he got a sweet micro atx case and he wants to build a cpu that can run skyrim, ive built my pc and a few others so, im hoping you can help me select gaming parts on a budget of 450$

Approximate Purchase Date: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range: 450 After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, college programming

Are you buying a monitor: no

Parts to Upgrade: whole system - no case , MOBO has to be micro atx

Do you need to buy OS: no i have a copy from school

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NO NCIX, ive had troubles with ncix i dont like them.

Parts Preferences: preferably intel

Overclocking:Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: micro atx only, no xfire

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: building a pc for my friend who has a nice micro atx case and just wants all new parts to play skyrim, on a budget.

More about : 450 gameing build

October 28, 2012 3:25:01 AM

So you have a micro atx case... did it come with a reliable PSU, or did he only get the case, period?
m
l
October 28, 2012 3:28:56 AM

its an old case with fans on it, he wants to use it hes young and its his first build. It will do fine, it also came with a crap 350watt so yeah it would need a psu
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 28, 2012 3:30:50 AM

Easy enough to work with, then.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lF4Z

If you can spring for $475 to begin with, it has about $20 in rebates, which leaves it about $5 over budget. However, you can easily get under budget by switching the video card down to any given Radeon HD 7770 card instead of the Radeon 7850 1GB card that's listed in the build.
October 28, 2012 3:48:47 AM

Best answer selected by thesnipe.
m
l
October 28, 2012 4:18:38 AM

Go with the Antec Neo Eco that sonicers suggested. I've heard the Rosewill HIVE series is decent, but Antec is a more reliable brand and the PSU is cheaper. And yes, the 7770 is a good choice as well (though with the savings from the Antec PSU, you'll be under budget after the rebates kick in, and closer to your budget than before by a little over $10).
m
l
!