Sign in with
Your question

Extreme Low-Budget PC Build

Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2012 4:34:22 AM

Hey guys, just like to say that I love this site and I always use it to research hardware and read tech news.

So, my friend wants me to build a low profile and low price PC with decent performance, and I came out with .

SPECS:

CASE:

CPU:

GPU:

MB:

RAM:

HDD:

CD/DVD: None yet, could someone send me a link to a slim 5.25" CD/DVD drive?

My main concern is if the graphics card will fit into the case.
, would this be the same for me?

Well, someone recommended some different parts, so I looked into it and decided to use those instead.
This looks like it would be the final build." target="_blank">

Well, someone recommended some different parts, so I looked into it and decided to use those instead. This looks like it would be the final build." rel="nofollow" target="_blank">This looks like it would be the final build." target="_blank">

Well, someone recommended some different parts, so I looked into it and decided to use those instead. This looks like it would be the final build." rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
Well, someone recommended some different parts, so I looked into it and decided to use those instead.

Well, someone recommended some different parts, so I looked into it and decided to use those instead. This looks like it would be the final build." rel="nofollow" target="_blank">This looks like it would be the final build." target="_blank">

Well, someone recommended some different parts, so I looked into it and decided to use those instead. This looks like it would be the final build." rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

Well, someone recommended some different parts, so I looked into it and decided to use those instead. This looks like it would be the final build.
a c 105 B Homebuilt system
October 28, 2012 4:48:11 AM

Where is the performance needed? If its a general use PC than an SSD will make the most noticeable difference than a stronger processor or GPU.

Not sure, the image you provided doesn't specify what card was being used.

Couldnt find any 5.25" slim optical either. You could however use an external drive like this. Just get some strong double sided tape and stick it to the top. Or have it on the desk, whichever would be best.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

October 28, 2012 4:55:49 AM

Nowhere out of your post did you post your budget.

So I will assume its $300.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $304.95
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Go ahead and change psu if you want.
Related resources
October 28, 2012 4:59:31 AM

manofchalk said:
Where is the performance needed? If its a general use PC than an SSD will make the most noticeable difference than a stronger processor or GPU.

Not sure, the image you provided doesn't specify what card was being used.

Couldnt find any 5.25" slim optical either. You could however use an external drive like this. Just get some strong double sided tape and stick it to the top. Or have it on the desk, whichever would be best.

Yeah, I was thinking of just using an external drive instead.
October 28, 2012 6:18:05 AM

lchrisk said:
Nowhere out of your post did you post your budget.

So I will assume its $300.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $304.95
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Go ahead and change psu if you want.

Hey, thanks. Yeah, the budget is around $300. You forgot to include the HDD, so I changed some stuff around to bring the price down a bit. So far this is what it looks like. Do you think 4GB is enough to run modern games at mid to high settings? Also, do you know what video cards are compatible to Crossfire with the APU?
Anonymous
October 30, 2012 3:17:22 PM

Here's a build:

phenom 4 965 3.4ghz - 73.99
Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 - 39.12
Corsair Builder Series Cx500 - 39.99
Corsair Vengence RAM 2x4GB - 31.99
AntEc Three Hundred 41.98
OCZ Agility 3 120G - 64.99

Total = £292.06

If I was on a £300 budget I would go for the above and then wait a wee while extra until I had cash for a decent graphics card. The only part that you would probably want to change later on would be the motherboard if you were going to buy a really decent single card so you could overclock it. Hope I helped!

October 30, 2012 9:43:10 PM

The thing is, YOU were on a £300 budget, I'm on a $300 budget. So, your budget for me is actually $480 US dollars.
!