September 1, 2012 2:00:59 PM

Il start with my System

Windows 7 Pro X64
MSI 970a-g45
AMD FX 4170
Gainward GTX 680 Phantom
16 GB Ram 1600 G.Skill
1.5 TB S-ATA HDD

Now to my Problem , overall my system has plenty of power but i recognize some micro stutter while playing BF3 or other Hgih end Graphic Games , i tried out to change the driver and all that yet the problems stands , my frames are jumping around from 40-120 in BF3 using ultra High on 1680x1050 (max) , with or without FXAA Injector its kinda annoying . Its not like those stutters are a major issue but i want to get rid of them before they become one .

a b Î Nvidia
September 1, 2012 2:10:23 PM

Go to Nvidia control panel, 3D settings, global settings tab, then scroll down to Vertical sync, and select adaptive mode. Press "Apply" and restart your computer. Tell us if it fixed it!
a b Î Nvidia
September 1, 2012 2:12:46 PM

I had such input lag playing BF3 I quit playing it. I even have a high end connection.......... you may not. Having said that, you need to run it through EA's Origin program. Less than stellar it is.............

anyways, try playing at lesser settings and even try lowering your monitors resolution until your problems stop.
Related resources
September 1, 2012 3:51:00 PM

Tried out to set the Adaptive V-Sync yet it didnt solved it , i now played a Round Close Quarters 32 Slots and it atleast didnt stutter that often .
a b Î Nvidia
September 1, 2012 4:17:41 PM

Can you open task manager, wait start playing until it lags, then play for around one minute more and then minimize the game and look at task manager performance tab CPU usage graph? How high was the CPU usage? A screenshot would be nice.
a b Î Nvidia
September 1, 2012 4:29:16 PM

did you disable multisampled antialiasing and AA by chance ? if not, try it.
a b Î Nvidia
September 1, 2012 4:32:06 PM

^

With GTX 680 he shouldn't need to do that...
a b Î Nvidia
September 1, 2012 5:55:46 PM

either should his resolution. either should any settings with that card. what's holding it back. a cheap under performing power supply ? slow processing ? too much ram running at too slow a speed ? or too much ram under performing because it doesn't have enough voltage getting to it ?

slow rpm hard drive ? perhaps on board video interference or maybe the hybrid graphics is enabled in the BIOS ?
a b Î Nvidia
September 1, 2012 6:00:19 PM

I'd suspect CPU bottleneck personally.
September 2, 2012 12:55:53 PM

So i now monitored the CPU usage and temperature of both CPU and GPU , Both the Usage and Temperature never even came close to a critical point . CPU usage in BF3 was around 82% (When recording it was 90%) . Temperature wasnt higher than 49°C on both CPU and GPU .

So i can sume that the CPU isnt at fault , it was my first thought since its only a Quad but honestly , the 8 Cores arent even supported by most games and the 6 cores are more or less a waste of money so i bought the FX 4170 , a 4,2 Ghz Quad should be good to go aswell .

Mhhh i do wonder if a Freshh system reinstall would help since i last made that when Windows 7 came out . I did used some cleaning tools to maintain the system helth a bit but thats all .
a b Î Nvidia
September 2, 2012 1:58:33 PM

82% CPU usage is a at fault. I suspect you need to overclock that CPU. It doesn't matter that it's 4.2 GHz, it's still pretty slow.

If you checked GPU usage using MSI Afterburner, you would see that your graphics card isn't fully utilized.

Also, windows reinstall wouldn't hurt. But I doubt it would help unless you have LOADS of stuff running and clogging up your CPU.
September 2, 2012 2:51:09 PM

Well i could overclock the CPU using the Bios overclocking functions but i only got the Boxed cooler or a Arctic cooling wich has a small problem at the place where a CPU normally comes in contact with , the problem is called Phenem 2 X4 , when i got my FX i tried to get down the cooler after i had it down from the mainboard i saw that the CPU is somehow glued to it .....
a b Î Nvidia
September 2, 2012 2:58:57 PM

so you have another motherboard from which you cannot take off the cooler?

Anyway, try reinstalling windows first.
September 2, 2012 3:03:43 PM

No thats not what i meant , i used a Phenom 2 X4 955 BE before i got the FX 4170 and while unplugging the cooler i unplugged the CPU with the Cooler and not the Cooler than the CPU but i think the Boxed cooler will do fine since they arent that bad anymore .

Well i think il try to reinstall windows the next days .

Anyways already a big thx to all the answers .
a b Î Nvidia
September 2, 2012 3:06:57 PM

I'll wait for the results of windows reinstall then :) . Also, a picture with that CPU sticking to the heatsink please :D 
!