GTX 580 freezing while Gaming

TehTurtlXpress

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Hi there

I have had a problem with gaming the last couple of days. I have had crashes after a few minutes of gaming, at first it happened around every 3rd time I tried played, then more frequently until today, where I haven't been able to play anything whatsoever. It happens after a few minutes of play, around 1-3 minutes. Both my screens turn black, my PC becomes non-responsive and the speakers make a continuous "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound. I have to perform a manual reboot, where it often takes 2 or more tries, it freezes right after "Loading Windows" (Or whatever it says in English, it's the thing with the flag before logging in), although without the sound of the other crash.

I tried looking around the internet to find someone with a similar problem, couldn't find anything similar that had an answer. I then downloaded some temperature/load software to monitor what happened right before it happened. Every temperature was normal for Mobo, CPU, GPU and hard drives. Voltages fine too. Nothing is OC'ed.

The only thing I noticed was that the problem occurred right when the GPU load reached 100%. I tried changing between different drivers, betas too, but it didn't help. I don't get why a pretty high powered GPU is failing like that after I have used it without problems for a year.

My system is:

Gigabyte Mobo
i7 2600k
SSD and HDD
16 GB Kingston RAM
GeForce GTX 580

As I said, the PC is around 1 y/o and I have had very little problems and no GPU problems.

If anyone have any ideas it would be appreciated, idk much about computers so I might not be into all the tech talk.

TehTurtlXpress

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
As I wrote in my OP, nothing is overclocked :p

But after tightening all the cables to my GPU, it has been working flawlessly, so no need to worry anymore! :)

ea732

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I just had the same thing happen to me today on my gtx580, before this happened it would occasionally power down the gpu and then come back up saying driver has stopped responding but has recovered