Computer Under Performing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minalt

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Hi everyone! The other day my computer decided to never completely turn on. It would turn on to the windows loading and then get blue screened and turn off. After many hours of searching I found my Windows XP CD and reinstalled XP. But for some reason my computer would randomly turn off during install. After many a hour it finally worked. I was excited I can finally played Guild Wars 2! So I got on and was installing my drivers. But after I installed my motherboard, video card, and sound drivers I found that I didn't have any internet. Now I had this problem before and just installed the version 13.45 drivers for my motherboard and it worked. This time around I couldn't find those drivers anywhere. I kept looking and looking and found ones that finally installed the Ethernet drivers, that being version 15.23. This is quite behind the standard which is 15.57 I believe. When I finished installing Guild Wars 2 it said that my computer does not meet minimum requirements. I didn't actually believe this because when I looked it up I was surpassing everything. I got onto Guild Wars 2 and found that I had 15-20 fps on the absolute lowest settings and was heartbroken. I couldn't understand. I never had this problem with any other game and was always running at the top settings with good fps. So I looked around and some people said to install the beta drivers for Nvidia so I did this. When I got on I had like 25 fps tops. Still very sad and angry at this I decided to play league of legends and everytime I tried to load it up after installing it would say that stuff was incompatible. In rage I decided that I would use my Windows XP CD again and reinstall everything. This time I used the 15.23 Drivers for my motherboard and the beta drivers for Nvidia immediately instead of having to test which would work. I finished installing guild wars 2 again and it still says my hardware is behind.

When I was having the problems with my computer not starting up I cleaned the whole thing out and there is zero dust in there now and it is not hot in there at all.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9400 2.66Ghz (nForce 750i SLI) For clarification.
Video Card: Geforce GTX 260
Ram: 3GB
Windows XP Home Edition 32

Other games I'm able to run at the highest settings but Guild Wars 2 is a bust. I look at the recommended settings and I seem to pass. I think I might be missing some sort of driver or something but I really don't think I am. Hopefully someone here can explain why it is so bad.

clean install of windows...wont to intall intel chipset drivers from intel first. then go to your mb vendor web page look at the chipset for the network card and sound card. you want to go to those vendors web page and download the newest drivers.
you also want to make sure you have java/flash installed and microsoft direct-x installed.

Minalt

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

I'm looking for the intel chipset drivers right now. But just for clarification last time I tried to install the most up to date drivers the Ethernet drivers wouldn't even work. So I can't even install the top drivers. I did this through the network and sound card drivers too.

Minalt

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
okay I was doing what smorizio said about the chipset drivers. But when I went to device manager to check which ones I needed under system devices it didn't show a single thing about intel. Hopefully I'm still posting this in the right area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS