I have lost my sky wifi security password

lexii

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Hello,
i have lost my sky wifi security password and i was wondering if i can get an instant reply and talk to a person and not a computer about how i can get my wifi password. On the router ther is a sticker with all these codes on it and none of them seem to work at all when i type them in on my other laptops and computers, any help??

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The security key on that sticker should be eight characters in capital letters and if you input those as shown you should be in.

If, however, it's been changed at some time, use the following methjodology to get into the router and see what the key should be.

Open Internet Explorer and enter 192.168.0.1 into the URL address bar as though it was a website. You're then at the login page to the router's settings utility and admin will be the login name with sky as the password.

If you're in, seek out Wireless and then Security and take a note of the key. Sometimes it may be a passphrase, some a simple set of letters and others a hexadecimal code.

It's best to keep a note of that security key in your Documents folder and also outside the computer.