ASUS P8Z77-V not turning on

DigitalSonic

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
So I have my parts on a table trying to test it before I install into my case. The parts are:

Case: Antec 302
PSU: Seasonic X-750
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V (sitting on flat surface atop the anti-static wrap it came in)
CPU: Intel i7-3770k (with stock fan)
RAM: Corsair CMP6GX3M3A16008C 2gb x 2 (Slotted into A2 and B2 as recommended by manual)
KB: Usb Keyboard

I have EATXPower and EATX12v connected from PSU to Mobo. I also have the front panel cords attached to the Mobo. My problem is when I push the power button on the case, nothing happens. No CPU Fan Spin, No beeps, nothing. My PSU fan also does not spin, if that matters. But when I turn it on, I get a steady green light on "Standby Power LED" on the Mobo.

Is there any obvious mistakes I might have made which could be causing my current unable to power on issue?

Edit: I connected PWR_SW, PWLED+ and -, and IDE+/-, and RESET_SW from the front panel.

DigitalSonic

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Hi.

I did have the pins facing a certain way, but it seems my problem was that I failed to include the ground pin to the Power_SW panel connector and instead included a blank spot. Correcting this error fixed the problem.

Well hopefully, my experience will help someone in the future.

cmichael138

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008

Glad it was a simple fix.