*Best Budget Builds* 375$ to 1285$

CustomPc

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hi, Because i want to save people the time and the pain in building budget computers.. I have decided to build some and post the FPS im getting :)

Assuming that we are playing WoW in these following settings:-
1920x1080 resolution
All ultra, except shadows set to high
DirectX 11 mode, WoW 64-bit client
Multisampling 1x, Anisotropic Filtering Trilinear
Playing in a 25-man raid / crowded cities. Anywhere else? Let's just say high enough FPS
These are all minimum expected FPS, but may fluctuate on various factors
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Special Build: Set it and Forget it! AMD Trinity Build
his build is for users who want to just build a PC then forget about it (of course, you still have to manually tweak and OC this). Just about the only upgrade you can do for it is an SSD / a Radeon graphics card for Dual Graphics option.

It has a DDR3-2133 RAM because you want to maximize APU's built-in graphics. DDR3-2133 is a perfect choice as it's not too expensive, and yet best performance given per dollar. You can drop down to DDR3-1866 if you want, and that's the slowest RAM I'd take for a Trinity build.

400W power supply is for Dual Graphics support. Pair it up with Radeon HD 6670, and you can easily beat pretty much all budget Intel systems up until $600+ mark, where it starts to include Radeon HD 7850 with an i3.

CPU: AMD A10-5800k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
Motherboard: Any A75 based motherboard, strongly recommending OC-friendly ones
RAM: Any 2 x 4GB RAM while keeping my notes (DDR3-2133, 1.5v)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 400W
Hard Drive: Cheap 500GB or -smaller- if you are fine with it.
DVD Drive: Cheap DVD burner
Case: Cheap ATX mid-tower case, but must support tall CPU tower coolers and have at least 2 fans

Example build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lg7t

Estimated cost: ~$475
Estimated FPS in WoW: ~30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Build 0: Absolute MAXIMUM CHEAPEST Build
Warning: Take this build ONLY and ONLY IF you will upgrade the CPU down the road. If not, take the above Trinity build.

CPU: Celeron G540
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS
RAM: Any 2 x 4GB RAM while keeping my notes (DDR3-1333, 1.5v)
Graphics: Radeon HD 6670 (It MUST mention that it is GDDR5 in the name/VRAM)
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-350ET 350W
Hard Drive: Cheap 500GB or -smaller- if you are fine with it.
Case: Cheap ATX mid-tower case with at least 1 fan

Example Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hQQ4

Estimated cost: ~$375
Estimated FPS in WoW: ~30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Build 1: Tight Budget Build
Warning: Take this build ONLY and ONLY IF you will upgrade the CPU down the road. If not, take the above Trinity build.

CPU: Pentium G850
Motherboard: Any B75 motherboard
RAM: Any 2 x 4GB RAM while keeping my notes (DDR3-1600, 1.5v)
Graphics: Radeon HD 7770
Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 500W or other similar power supplies
Hard Drive: Cheap 500GB
Case: Cheap ATX mid-tower case with at least 2 fans

Example Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kfIb

Estimated cost: ~$485
Estimated FPS in WoW: ~40
** Build 2: Best build for good gaming without spending big $

CPU: AMD FX-6300
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+, or EVO, or above if wanted
Motherboard: Any 990FX motherboard, recommending great OC board
Graphics: Radeon HD 7850 1GB
Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 500W or other similar power supplies
SSD: Optional, recommending 120/128GB budget SSDs
Hard Drive: Cheap 500GB
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer or similar mid-tower case with at least 2 fans

Example Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lfYt

Estimated cost: ~$750
+SSD cost if you choose to add an SSD.
Estimated FPS in WoW: ~50+
** Build 3: Give me a pretty good system just under 1k

Note: If you want the capacity to run SLi / CrossFireX with the Intel i5 CPU, you will have to upgrade the motherboard to one of the recommended Z77 motherboards.

Note: Many motherboards only come with 2 SATA cables, and some SSDs do not come with an extra SATA cable. Check the motherboard and SSD content details, and ensure you have enough SATA cables.

CPU: (Intel) i5-3330 / i5-3450 / i5-3470 (Get cheapest one) / (AMD) AMD FX-8320
CPU Cooler: (AMD) CoolerMaster Hyper 212+, or EVO, or above if wanted
Motherboard: (Intel) Any B75 motherboard / (AMD) Any 990FX motherboard
Graphics: Radeon HD 7870 2GB
SSD: Any of the 120/128GB performance-based SSDs
Hard Drive: 1TB or above if wanted
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer or similar mid-tower case with at least 2 fans

(Intel) Example Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ikTQ
(AMD) Example Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lfZO

Estimated cost: (Intel) ~$875 ~ +++ / (AMD) ~$965 ~ +++
Estimated FPS in WoW: ~55+
** Build 4: Yay overkill!
Note: This build assumes you will overclock the CPU. If you will not, replace CPU with i5-3330, and don't buy the CPU cooler. Motherboard can be kept if you NEED SLi/CrossFireX. Otherwise, get a B75 motherboard.

Note: Many motherboards only come with 2 SATA cables, and some SSDs do not come withi an extra SATA cable. Check the motherboard and SSD content details, and ensure you have enough SATA cables.

Example build assumes you will overclock.

CPU: i5-3570k
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+, or EVO, or above if wanted
Motherboard: Any of the recommended Z77 motherboards
Graphics: Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition
Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 600W or above if wanted
SSD: Any of the 256GB (or bigger) performance-based SSDs
Hard Drive: 1TB or above if wanted
DVD Drive: Cheap DVD Burner
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer or above

Example Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lg0z

Estimated cost: ~$1285 ~ +++
Estimated FPS: Do we really need to say this?
*Build 5 The Medium
CPU Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor

Motherboard ASRock B75M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card

Case Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply Antec Basiq 500W ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer $
NOTE: Only Take this build if you're not thinking of upgrading any time soon and want to settle down with a Rig for a year or two without upgrading Ofcourse you will OC
FPS: 45+ SOLID

Just a suggestion, avoid the Pentiums except for the really cheap ones.

gaming-scatter.gif

Their FPS numbers are deceiving because these CPUs have much worse stutter than other similarly priced CPUs. This image is of real-world FPS accounting for stuttering by measuring frame latency and working out the perceivable FPS from it, a much more realistic way of measuring FPS and it shows how badly the Pentiums do. As someone who has owned a few such builds, I agree with its conclusions.

Also, keep in mind that this was with the Pentium G2120, the best Pentium. The Pentium G850 would be around 15% slower.

http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/14