Sign in with
Your question

Can't figure this out

Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2012 7:51:51 PM

Hey guys, I'm really stumped atm. A friend of mine built a computer about a week ago, it worked well for 2 or 3 days, then he started getting stuttering, locking up, black screens and and problems booting. This only happens with Nvidia Drivers installed, it works fine with on-board video. I originally thought video card, but after trying it in my PC it works fine.

Also thought maybe Video drivers, so I tried old, beta, and stable release drivers from Nvidia and all cause the same problem. I've tried a new PSU and still nothing.

Temps are fine for CPU and GPU, and Ive tried Mem-test with no problems detected. Also tried a clean install of Win 7 Pro 64bit, reset CMOS. Hardware is as follows:

ASUS p8-z77-vlk
Intel i5 2500k
corsair gs800 PSU
Corsair XMS3 ddr3 1333mhz ram
WD Raptor 500 GB10k rpm HDD
Asus DVD Burner.
Gigabyte GTX 560 SoC
Im using the PC to type this up now as it runs 100% stable w/o the Video card installed.

Thanks

More about : figure

a b B Homebuilt system
October 28, 2012 7:59:44 PM

could try this gtx560 in another system to see if it will crash? also you did not anything on the psu specs
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 29, 2012 12:19:51 AM

been looking at your motherboard and she got 3 pci-e card slot did you try all the others with the card to see if you still have crash also did you put the pci-e first graphic card in bios
m
l
Related resources
!