Solved

Help with New Build

I need help building a reliable and good pc, any help would be great, heres the specifications below thank you!

Approximate Purchase Date: Within this week

Budget Range: $600-$700 before shipping and tax

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Minecraft, a little skyrim, etc.), Streaming videos, School related
Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: At least 8gb of ram and a decent graphics card that can run bf3 medium to high on 40 fps

Do you need to buy OS: no

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, I'd prefer all parts from the same website if not newegg

Location: San Diego, California

Parts Preferences: Intel i5 and at least 1tb of hard drive space

Overclocking: mabye

SLI or Crossfire: no idea what SLI or crossfire is :[

Your Monitor Resolution: 23 inch monitor, 1920x1080

Additional Comments: The game I will play the most is minecraft, and I might be rendering some videos as well as producing some beats with programs like Fruity loops studio. Even though im playing minecraft i still would like a decent graphics card

Im turning 16 tomorrow and I wanted a PC because all my family gets is laptops which burn out quick and all I have is my netbook :[
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help build
  1. Best answer
    This build won't let you overclock, but to be honest, you won't need to.

    It has everything you need.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $594.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

    Any questions, just ask.
  2. zared619 said:
    This build won't let you overclock, but to be honest, you won't need to.

    It has everything you need.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $594.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

    Any questions, just ask.


    You can still add an i5 3570k and an Asus p8z77 lk mobo, with a Evo 212. and be in the budget.
    Mobo - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837R
    i5 3570k - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
    Evo 212 Cooler - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
  3. zared619 said:
    This build won't let you overclock, but to be honest, you won't need to.

    It has everything you need.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJCe/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $594.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

    Any questions, just ask.


    You could probably get away with a H77M here. Then maybe put a little more into the GPU if possible.
  4. The mobo already allows for overclocking. He said that he plays minecraft and bf3 and will do some light video editing. The 3470 is more than enough. Since he is also only 16 every penny counts, I was there once.
  5. zared619 said:
    The mobo already allows for overclocking. He said that he plays minecraft and bf3 and will do some light video editing. The 3470 is more than enough. Since he is also only 16 every penny counts, I was there once.


    I like your build i wanna keep it as cheap as possible, If i go through with building it is there any other things i should buy (anti static band, sata cables)
  6. Best answer selected by Pinnaplelijah.
  7. pinnaplelijah said:
    I like your build i wanna keep it as cheap as possible, If i go through with building it is there any other things i should buy (anti static band, sata cables)


    Well if you want it cheaper, don't buy static band and discharge touching something metallic.
  8. the mobo will come with the cables and like loser said, just discharge by touching something metallic, such as the case.
  9. Alright thanks! :]
  10. Glad I could help!
  11. zared619 said:
    The mobo already allows for overclocking. He said that he plays minecraft and bf3 and will do some light video editing. The 3470 is more than enough. Since he is also only 16 every penny counts, I was there once.


    You can't overclock the 3470...
  12. That is obvious. I said that the mobo allows for overclocking, and earlier I said that it was a locked processor. Please be sure to read the full thread before making an uneducated comment.
  13. zared619 said:
    That is obvious. I said that the mobo allows for overclocking, and earlier I said that it was a locked processor. Please be sure to read the full thread before making an uneducated comment.


    Lol my bad. Wasn't trying to be mean. Sorry if I came off that way :)
  14. Its understandable, we all make mistakes. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product