USB Data Cable Issues

Hello, I'm a first time poster since I have not been able to find
decent help on how to get my newly bought usb data cable. It isn't the
original DKU-5. When trying to get the drivers to work, I run into
some problems. Namely: WinXP will not detect all of the zipped drivers
I have downloaded, even the one that came with the cd, as compatible
with the cable. When the cable is plugged, Windows detects it as a
"USB Data Cable", but when trying to install the drivers for it to
work, I get nothing. I appreciate any help on the matter.
2 answers Last reply
More about data cable issues

    Have you tried getting the Nokia drivers? If the cable is a good replica of
    the DKU-5 those drivers just might work.

    -julie

    "DesertEagle" <shiruken@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I'm a first time poster since I have not been able to find
    > decent help on how to get my newly bought usb data cable. It isn't the
    > original DKU-5. When trying to get the drivers to work, I run into
    > some problems. Namely: WinXP will not detect all of the zipped drivers
    > I have downloaded, even the one that came with the cd, as compatible
    > with the cable. When the cable is plugged, Windows detects it as a
    > "USB Data Cable", but when trying to install the drivers for it to
    > work, I get nothing. I appreciate any help on the matter.

    It seems, that you are using ProLific chipset based datacable. It is not
    DKU-5 (as DKU-5 is always original cable, based on Nokia chipset).

    You can download ProLific drivers here:

    http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_fileBrw.asp

    'Smart I/O IC' -> 'USB 1.1' -> 'PL 2303 USB to Serial bridge' -> 'Browse
    files' -> 'Go'

    ProLific based cables doesn't support Nokia modem drivers and Nokia PC Suite
    software. You can connect your phone by this cable with our program- Oxygen
    Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) Using our program you can manage
    your phonebook, calendar, To-Do list, notes, SMS and MMS messages, WAP and
    GPRS settings (only settings, no Internet access), logos and gallery.

    Trial version is absolutely free.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, DesertEagle!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 14 Nov 2004 12:40:26 -0800
    from address shiruken@gmail.com:

    >Hello, I'm a first time poster since I have not been able to find
    >decent help on how to get my newly bought usb data cable. It isn't the
    >original DKU-5. When trying to get the drivers to work, I run into
    >some problems. Namely: WinXP will not detect all of the zipped drivers
    >I have downloaded, even the one that came with the cd, as compatible
    >with the cable. When the cable is plugged, Windows detects it as a
    >"USB Data Cable", but when trying to install the drivers for it to
    >work, I get nothing. I appreciate any help on the matter.

Nokia Drivers USB Cable