Sign in with
Your question

Blue screen of death on fresh install; CPU?

Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2012 9:28:35 PM

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the best section to post this in, so if there is a better one I wouldn't mind it getting moved.

So about 3 months of use, my computer started blue screening to the point where it became pretty much unusable. No hardware changes, no software changes. Long story short, I've reinstalled windows multiple times. Swapped in different RAM, a different hard drive, took out the video card, different power supply, and even RMA'd my motherboard. Still blue screen. The stop error is generally 0x0000001e with blank parameters (0x0000000). However, I managed to catch a different one:
STOP: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8f06d4dd, 0x8f06d46c, 0x00000000)

As far as I can see, the only piece of hardware left is the CPU.. unless I received a defective motherboard, or there is another potential piece of hardware causing the blue screens. Or one of the parts I ruled out (hard drive, PSU) is actually causing the problem? (don't see how)

I'm really desperate to solve this problem.. I would really appreciate any help!
a b B Homebuilt system
October 28, 2012 9:31:22 PM

Try to run memtest for a few passes.
m
l
October 28, 2012 9:49:19 PM

Why would that matter if I already tested different, working RAM?

I will still memtest though.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
October 29, 2012 3:30:41 AM

Ah, must have missed that part.

What specs and power supplies have you been using?
m
l
October 29, 2012 6:06:37 AM

Did you flash the Bios , if yes then this must be the reason of BSOD
other reasons are :
installing incompatible software like Outpost firewall + Comodo Antivirus
if its not software , then it must be hardware , if its not hardware it must be bios
I would like to solve your problem , please mail me and send me a massage
with detailed information ,

like when you get the BSOD ?
What about safe Mode ? do you get BSOD in safe Mode ?
Did you flash bios recently ?
Try Ubuntu 12.04 Live CD ,
scan you PC with Kaspersky Rescue disk [ no need but you should have one , you can access Internet and Scan PC even if your OS is Damaged ]
Generally when you get the BSOD at the start up or randomly ?

Try uninstalling Satrup applications like security suites and stuff
m
l
October 29, 2012 5:44:02 PM

Didn't flash the BIOS. This is a new motherboard from cross shipping. Fresh install of windows.

Anyways, last night I ran memtest and woke up to this

Then ran another memtest while I was at school and came home to this

Hit enter and then from that point on video stopped working altogether.. my motherboard just hangs with the VGA_LED and outputs no video. Even tried taking out the video card and using the onboard video through the motherboard but still no video output and VGA_LED remains lit.
m
l
November 1, 2012 5:28:12 PM

I RMA'd my CPU on October 30th.. Will update when I receive the replacement.
m
l
November 22, 2012 5:45:05 PM

I solved it, it was my CPU.
m
l
!