Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ASUS GTX 560 Ti DUCII - What's wrong with my card?!?!?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 2, 2012 12:03:58 AM

My first card, I sent in for my first RMA because it kept making my screen blurry whenever it went past 110F, it came back fixed, but it had problems again where my card wasn't being used, but I could still use my screen, but my FPS rate on CSS went down to below 100, where it's usually above 300. I used FurMark, and it was really lagging and slow, and my GPU temp didn't go up or anything. After I restart, I used FurMark, everything was perfectly fine, smooth picture and no lag at all, with GPU temp raising normally. So, I sent it in for a SECOND RMA, they decided to replace my card.

After 2 days of regular use, no overclocking or extensive gaming, the same problem happened again. I used FurMark, someone tell me what the throttling means and why the core is so low.

Click on the picture to zoom in/enlarge.


The first picture is before restarting my computer and when my card was lagging like crazy.
The second picture is after I restarted my computer and everything was running fine.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CARDDDDDDDDD!!
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 12:20:39 AM

Sounds to me there might be another problem and not the card.

What psu do you have?

In Nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > is power management set to maximum performance?
m
0
l
September 2, 2012 12:31:07 AM

boju said:
Sounds to me there might be another problem and not the card.

What psu do you have?

In Nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > is power management set to maximum performance?

Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU: i3 2130 Sandy-Bridge
GPU: ASUS GTX 560 TI DUCII
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750
HDD: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green
OS: Windows 7 Home Edition OEM

It was set to max.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 1:01:11 AM

Your system looks fine and there’s enough juice from the psu.

The temps are fine also so I’m guessing it’s a driver related. What driver are you using?

20.4.2012 - Driver related throttling so it’s possible.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1246298/301-24-beta-throttli...

Google and research your driver version and see if there’s been any reports.

If you’re going to install different drivers use driver sweeper first to wipe out any possible driver related issues.

m
0
l
September 2, 2012 1:29:36 AM

boju said:
Your system looks fine and there’s enough juice from the psu.

The temps are fine also so I’m guessing it’s a driver related. What driver are you using?

20.4.2012 - Driver related throttling so it’s possible.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1246298/301-24-beta-throttli...

Google and research your driver version and see if there’s been any reports.

If you’re going to install different drivers use driver sweeper first to wipe out any possible driver related issues.

I don't think its driver related, I did a full uninstall with driver sweeper and reinstall the latest driver and the 2 previous driver from Nvidia.com, and it still had the same problem.

The temp isn't going high in the first picture because it's like the GPU is not being used at all, but I can still use my screen.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 1:43:02 AM

Im confused the first picture reads 43c @ 99% gpu usage

and 2nd 65c @ 99%.

Have you tried reinstalling the operating system? If it still throttles after a clean install it could be the card, how unlucky can you get?

m
0
l
September 2, 2012 2:01:42 AM

boju said:
Im confused the first picture reads 43c @ 99% gpu usage

and 2nd 65c @ 99%.

Have you tried reinstalling the operating system? If it still throttles after a clean install it could be the card, how unlucky can you get?

Yes, I've tried it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 2:04:33 AM

ok looks like you’ve covered all the bases. How sure are you the 2nd card you received isn’t the same one :\

RMAing again would probably be your best option at this point unless anyone else has any other ideas.
m
0
l
!