Sign in with
Your question

Which of these Radeon HD 7950 manufacturers is better?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 2, 2012 1:47:20 AM

Hi I am planning to get the Radeon HD 7950 in my build. I have been researching and thinking a lot about other cards and I think I finally made my decision on the 7950.

Now I gotta choose on the manufacturer from these cards:

* SAPPHIRE 100352OCSR Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

* GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

* MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

People like Sapphire on AMD cards but for the 7950, I think that Gigabyte and MSI is more stronger and popular. I seen the reviews and ratings on Newegg for the Gigabyte and MSI and a lot of people seem to like it.

So for Gigabyte and MSI, there are more people who rate 4 or 5 stars and less 1 or 2 stars on the Gigabyte, but for MSI, there are still a lot of 5/4 stars but with more 1 and 2 stars (hope you don't get confused with this statement lol). Isn't the Twin Frozr known for it's superior cooling system? I mean, I might OC it because in the reviews, people say the card can reach up to the standards of the 670 no problem. Is the cooling system on the Twin Frozr WAY better than the Gigabyte? And also, since the Twin Frozr is known for cooling, it is a little louder.

So which one would you recommend for me? I am a little indecisive, maybe a lot lol.
a c 103 U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 1:53:03 AM

they are all really good cards in my opinion I personally have had experience with all three brands....to me the msi twin frozr has never lived up to its reputation of being super quiet and cool...I have built many systems with sapphire cards all being the lower to mid range cards and they have not let me down yet....to me the gigabyte card would be the best of the three..having three fans can give it an advantage in the noise and cooling department depending on the design of the cooler...but overall I feel that gigabyte is a solid company that makes very good reliable computer parts.
m
l
September 2, 2012 2:08:03 AM

My vote goes to the gigabyte so long as you have adequate airflow in your case. Otherwise, I suggest grabbing the Sapphire version. They're always well balanced and overall great cards.
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 2:11:11 AM

yea over the years I have been liking sapphire more and more....maybe its bc I am using them more and more so I realize that they are actually a pretty good brand
m
l
Related resources
!