Crazy Flashing Screen Problem

palmerrulzah

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
This problem occurs whenever I am plying Battlefield 3, the screen locks up like this and I have to restart the computer to get rid of the problem.
It's very hard to explain to I put a video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3phIYqAcTs

I run BF3 at lowest settings with no AA at 1920x1080 Resolution.
Specs:
i5 3570K Stock Clock
GTX 550TI
12GB DDR3 Ram
Corsair SSD
MSI 7676 Mobo

It also happens when I run 2 550TI's in SLI

Solution
yea its called artifacts. there really inst any other name for it bc its a very specific problem. Has this always been a problem? or did it just recently start happening?

drums101

Distinguished
what power supply do you have? when you say it happens when you run two in sli it seems like they are not getting enough power...you can also check and see what your temps of the gpu(s) are in game..report back with those...does this happen with other games or just bf3?

drums101

Distinguished
it would help alot if you could test your cards in another computer to see if the problem is still there...do you have a friend with a decent computer that you could test them in? maybe offer him/her dinner lol that usually works for me

palmerrulzah

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
I have another computer but one of the cpu pins is bent so the top PCI slot doesn't work, im getting a 670 in a few weeks, ifi still get issues there then i will replace the PSU.
How does that sound?