Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Power Up
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 2, 2012 4:06:12 AM

Hello,
My computer screen goes black after powering up. I can see Windows loading and prompting for password but the second I click the mouse or start to type, the monitor goes BLACK!! Please help!!!

More about : screen black power clicking

a c 208 U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 5:25:47 AM

lori_faber said:
Hello,
My computer screen goes black after powering up. I can see Windows loading and prompting for password but the second I click the mouse or start to type, the monitor goes BLACK!! Please help!!!

check to see that your not running a higher res then your monitor can support. if your using an adaptor sometime they fail or dont work right. if the mb has onboard video and a gpu you may have the onboard video set as first video port so windows is switching over to it.start by seting the video boot order to gpu if your usign a gpu and try using f8 safe mode and reset the gpu video to 640 by 480.
m
l
September 3, 2012 10:09:35 PM

smorizio said:
check to see that your not running a higher res then your monitor can support. if your using an adaptor sometime they fail or dont work right. if the mb has onboard video and a gpu you may have the onboard video set as first video port so windows is switching over to it.start by seting the video boot order to gpu if your usign a gpu and try using f8 safe mode and reset the gpu video to 640 by 480.

Ok, I don't mean to sound stupid but bear with me here:
1. how do I check the resolution when I basically have no screen
2. when you say adaptor, are you talking about the connector? If so, I'm wondering if that is not the issue because I noticed the last 3-4 months that the screen would go black and I would just tilt the monitor or reboot and it would work fine then.
3. you lost me on the mb..I have a separate graphics card (if that means anything)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 11:05:48 PM

Better if you post the entire of your hardware config -- meanwhile, try reseting the CMOS.
m
l
Related resources
!