EVGA 680 4gb Classified or FTW?

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm looking to get a 4gb 680 sli setup and from what I've read the Classified is supposed to be able to support a much higher OC than the FTW due to the higher quality VRM's and the 2 8-pin power connectors

but I keep reading about how people are getting very low OC headroom and I don't know if I should risk spending the extra money on something that might not OC as much

They're supposed to be binning the better chips with the Classifieds but I'm guessing that's no guarantee

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
no the value is in the overclock, if I can get the more performance out of a cheaper card then that's the avenue I would take, hence the opening post

The classified has the potential for better yields but many people aren't getting to see it, so that brings out the question of the FTW

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Im telling you, look at the feedback on newegg

I know what you are trying to say, logistically the Classified has everything it needs to outclock the FTW, but most people are getting duds

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
if it happens to one person it can happen to me, and for how much extra you spend for the classified id like to have more than hearsay that it can perform to the listed specifications