I wanna replace the capacitors on my graphics card as they are blown o

akrnambiar

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
In My graphics card the following capacitors are blown and to be replaced.

Please tell me from where I can get these capacitors.

1. FZ83,1500,6.3V
2. FZ6C,470,16V
3. FZ78,1000,6.3V

Dangi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012

Have you ever weld before ?? And even so weld a PCB ?? Have you seen how narrow the tracks are ??

You need and awful lot of knowledge and practice to try to wield that and even so success is not guaranteed, better to buy a need one or bring your GPU to an electronics store ( that sells components, not the store where you buy your TV ) that also repairs.

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

It is always a good experience to try it. www.mouser.com, www.digikey.com are your friends. If you are in Canada, there are canadian versions of those sites.

In Europe, try Farnell.

The capacitors that will be a good replacement without any worries are the Panasonic FM series. Very cheap and available in the values you posted. Check the outer diameter first to make sure you have space in case you have to replace a 8mm cap with a 10mm cap.

The caps are priced in terms of bulk quantities, so if you want only 1 or 2, they are anywhere from about a quarter (of a dollar) for one to somewhere about twice that. Then you have to pay the shipping....

Another place that might be of interest to you is www.badcaps.net who also sells capacitor replacements and a lot of resources should you need some.

You will need some desoldering skills and a regular 25W soldering iron, with minimally desoldering braids, flux and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the board with.