Will hd 7770 work with my motherboard?

will hd 7770 work with my motherboard?
my current specs are:-
msi g41m-p28 motherboard
4gb ddr3 ram
intel core 2 duo e4500@2.2 ghz(oc it to 2.6ghz)
atx g-tech 450watt psu
22 answers Last reply
More about will 7770 work motherboard
  1. I wouldn't push it with that PSU. How many amps do you have on the 12V rail?
  2. No i hope psu wont be an issue..my confusion is that whether the 2.0bus stand pcie slot support the hd 7770 gfx card?
  3. No i hope psu wont be an issue..my confusion is that whether the 2.0bus stand pcie slot support the hd 7770 gfx card?
  4. Do not "hope" your psu isn't a issue, make sur. Open your case and look for the amps on the +12V rail.

Yes 2.0 supports 3.0.
  5. The mobo had pci-ex x16 1.0, I wouldn't gamble for it..

And for psu, If the PSU had pci-ex power cables/pin for graphic card Then it usually can power 7770 (it not to demanding card)

edit: are u sure u had 2.0 pci-ex? from msi website it was 1.0....
    if the psu don't had pcie-x power cables/pin then u may need new psu (don't use Y converter, etc)
  6. Make sure that is not sur. Hate i can't edit.
  7. Think you're right with the 1.0.
  8. rdc85 said:
    The mobo had pci-ex x16 1.0, I wouldn't gamble for it..

And for psu, If the PSU had pci-ex power cables/pin for graphic card Then it usually can power 7770 (it not to demanding card)

edit: are u sure u had 2.0 pci-ex? from msi website it was 1.0....

Aha, make sure first then if it is 2.0 indeed.
  9. on the manual its mentioned pcie 2.0x16slot so i hope it must be a pcie 2.0 slot motherboard.the only isue is that would it support a hd 7770?
  10. concerning the psu i would upgrade it.on the 12v rail it is mentioned 23 amperes so would it be enough?
  11. If your sure the mobo is 2.0 it's ok.

With the powersupply you are really cutting it close ; i believe at least 20A is needed so technically it's possible, i can't recommend it though.
  12. so brother,what is the difference between a pcie 2.0 and pcie 3.0 bus stand?what is the purpose of making a pcie 3.0 card if it works with the pcie 2.0?
  13. will my board support a hd 7770 card easily?or will it bother my card????
  14. A 3.0 can work at higher speeds, but current low end gpu's don't use it really. I believe a 7770 won't be effected.
  15. The only thing bothers me if the card use the 2.1+ specification (it had different power bus structure than 1.0/2.0) but i'm this issue not so clear.....

btw if u try it, please update the post (if it work or not) for future reference
  16. sooory ur opinion aint clear,can u make it simple for me?
  17. the 2.1 card had different pci-ex bus power requirement than 1.0 or 2.0 so there a chance it wouldn't work... I dunno about pci-ex 3.0.

when the card running on 1.0 u also get performance limitation

So my opinion is not to risk it, save the money for the new build ....
  18. i was using a nvidia geforce 210 and hd 5450 card on the same board without any difficulty.so my point is whether or not hd 7770 work with my mobo?i hope it might be a pcie 2.0 bus standard slot..the msi website says its a 1.0 bus standard slot whereas the user manual and the mobo guide book refers its a 2.0 bus standard slot.
    so,its rather confusing with the pcie slot.are there any software that determines the information about the mobo?
  19. there are aida64 but as i remember it was not free ones. Maybe there a trial version..

it can read almost every/any info in the CPU..........
  20. Honestly it should work. But probably not with that PSU. Maybe I would recommend a 7750.
  21. so if i get corsair 500 watt will it be able to run a hd 6870 or hd 6850?
  22. You should yes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards HD Graphics