Solved

HELP! I need a After Effects Grahpics Card under $200

Hey, I'm going to be building a computer soon, but I need a good and affordable graphics card.
Programs I use:
Cinema 4D R12
Adobe After Effects Cs6
Adobe Premiere Pro Cs5.5
Photoshop Cs5.5
The graphics card has to be under $200 preferably under $150 and I would prefer it to be a Nvidia card.
Thanks! :)
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help effects grahpics card
  1. I've run all of those applications successfully with a Radeon HD 4850 512MB graphics card, a GTX 560ti 1GB and currently, a GTX 670.

    So for $200 you could get:

    Radeon HD 6950
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150548

    GTX 560
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130660

    or (I'd recommend) save a little extra ($30) and get the
    GTX 560ti
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363&Tpk=Gigabyte%20560ti

    Although in the production industry if you want real time rendering you're going to need something from the Nvidia's Quadro FX range which your budget won't cover.
  2. Gtx can do real time rendering too, and in some cases it's faster. For premiere you need to add the card to the cuda list, it's just a text file.
  3. I'd recommend this card - Nvidia Quadro 600:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133354

    I've saw it in action and I can say it's faster than my GTX 560 Ti, which is more expensive as well.
  4. based on the information found here ---> http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Quadro+600

    I'd say the the 560ti is better.
  5. Based on that website saying GTX 680 is much better than GTX 690, I say that website is garbage. Don't use that.
  6. It's very dependent of the situation. Within different software there are also different, renderers, viewport renderer, preview renderer, etc, etc, and every one of those also uses resources differently.

    If you ever want to game, the answer would be simple: gtx. Passmark isn't a very good benchmark and should be taken with a grain of salt.
  7. k1114 said:
    Gtx can do real time rendering too, and in some cases it's faster. For premiere you need to add the card to the cuda list, it's just a text file.

    So Can the GTX 560ti DO real rendering if you like you know do some modding/ hack whatever you want to call it? Because I am also a gamer. I plan to play some games.
  8. Sunius said:
    I'd recommend this card - Nvidia Quadro 600:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133354

    I've saw it in action and I can say it's faster than my GTX 560 Ti, which is more expensive as well.

    Does it support real time rendering? Or is that only the higher end Quadro cards. I was thinking about this card but the only problem I had was, will it play games, I know its not meant to play games, but that wouldn't be my main purpose. Also, Just wondering but, with the Quadro 600 could I have the GTX 560ti grahpics card at the same time? Sorry if it is a stupid question I'm a noob when it comes to graphics cards. Thanks!
  9. k1114 said:
    It's very dependent of the situation. Within different software there are also different, renderers, viewport renderer, preview renderer, etc, etc, and every one of those also uses resources differently.

    If you ever want to game, the answer would be simple: gtx. Passmark isn't a very good benchmark and should be taken with a grain of salt.

    What Do you think about the
    GTX 560ti
    and or
    Quadro 600
    which one would you choose for After Effects Cs6. That's my main program.
  10. GTX 480, there are many out there for under $200.
  11. Best answer
    You game so get the 560ti. I told you that is a simple situation. There is no hack/mod for MPE (don't know why you called it real time rendering). It just doesn't make sense why every other adobe program (also autodesk and others) have cuda on by default if the card supports it, without the need of a text file list. But premiere just won't let go of that legacy setting.

    BTW no need to reply to each post, this is a forum.
  12. Sorry, First post. Okay well thank you.
  13. Best answer selected by Meowster.
  14. 650 Ti
    But if you're going to do rendering get a really good processor
    i7 4600K is really good at rendering
    A more affordable processor is the i5 2500K or for those with a little more wealth 2600K
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Photoshop Graphics Cards Graphics Product