What is the cheapiest PC i can make to play Big Fish Games?

citybong

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
PLS MOVE THE THREAD IF THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT CATEGORY... :na:

So i like the idea of something like rasbery pi (18 euros pc - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi)

because

1. Cheap
2. I already have a wireless mouse
3. I already have a wireless keyboard
4. I already have HDMI cable
5. I already have 1 TV Screen that supports HDMI
6. I already have a 8 gb usb that i never use

Let's see the system requirements of one random big fish game:

CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 939 MB

and of a second random one

CPU: 1.4 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 499 MB

Well bad news..
Rasberi except that it very low statistics like (256 MB RAM), cannot run Windows Xp because of something called Arm..
So what is the cheapiest PC i can buy to play games like these? Note: my old old PC is broken and i could use some parts of it, like the 1 GB ram :).... Were should i start on making my own PC? :D

citybong

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

1. Why don't i see an HDMI port at the one u told me..

2. For example this one: (http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WSYS199-PB-R&cat=SYS) which is better than the one u said, it says no operating system.. i have bought windows xp and windows 7 in dvd.. can install them like that? :bounce:

citybong

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Hmm yes lets change my question..
What PC would you reccommend me to run BigFish games without lag and also for some browzing... :bounce:

I don't have a limit on what should i give.. :D

citybong

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

were exactly is this?

twelve25

Distinguished

I assumed you needed an operating system and that was the cheapest one they had with an OS. Most systems will not have HDMI out without an adapter or discrete video card. Many TVs have VGA and line in, so you may not need HDMI. If you do, you'll have to budget for a cheap video card like a Radeon 5450.

IF you have an OS, of course you can install it.

citybong

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

No HDMI :/

At yahoo answers: HDMI is a digital interface, VGA is analog
Since the video card is digital and the TV is digital using VGA means things are getting converted to analog and back again, that's going to decrease the quality.

And at another site: First, I would indeed recommend using a different cable to connect your monitor to your PC. However, there's no need to bother with HDMI unless you're planning to watch Blu-ray movies. HDMI is really best for connecting a PC to an HDTV.

I said i want the PC for browzing including youtube HD videos :)

So i quess VGA is a bad option :??:

twelve25

Distinguished
Because only the latest cards and computers have HDMI and even then it is somewhat rare unless you have a discrete video card. Most of these cheap systems are cheap because they are a few years old. VGA is a high def signal. Monitors have been high def (1600x1200 and higher) for 20 years. So it's not like there is anything wrong with it.

If you are going to be picky and demand the latest tech, then you aren't going to find a $100 computer. If you want to spend $200-300, then get an AMD A6-5400K, 8GB of DDR3 1600, a 64GB SSD and mothoarboard with HDMI in a small case.

citybong

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Ok where to start? Link?

I have a 37" TV screen... want the vga be lower that the best resolution i can have in this screen?